Best road bike for £500…

Home Forum Bike Forum Best road bike for £500…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Best road bike for £500…
  • DaveL

Thinking of getting rid of my Kona Explosif, and getting a road bike, mainly for my daily commute. I know nothing at all about road bike (and not much more about MTB’s :-))

Any suggestions, or pointers to what I should look out for, if I take the plunge.

Cheers

Dave

couby

pretty sure specialized do one for around 500- allez maybe??, if you’re looking to go singlespeed there’s loads of choices…

Philby

Secondhand may be your best bet.

Premier Icon smiffkin
    Subscriber

I’ve just bought a Specialized Secteur. The base model is £600 and it’s slightly higher at the front (and more comfortable than an Allez or similar.

mckeown

we have a genesis flyer thats shop soiled for £450. Its a 60cm though. Ialso throw into the mix a genesis aether 10 for a bit above your budget if gears are more your thang??

http://www.realcycles.com/products.php?plid=m1b145s198p2460

there is 11% more off that price if you buy through credit card or cash.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Are those Ribble bikes any good? I am tempted with a 105 based build.

reggiegasket

A mate asked the same the other day. Have a look at discounts on:

Caad 8 (Sora)
    Giant Defy
    Trek 1.1
    Spesh Allez
    Spesh Secteur
    Boardman Comp (bit more cash)

dickie

What size is the Kona Explosif?
    Sliding Drop-outs?
    How old?

mudglutten

Slightly over your budget, but if you want to go to work riding an Armani suit, then this is it…

Bikes of sheer beauty…

flyingfox

Forme bikes?

_tom_

Tredz are currently doing a 25% discount on the 2010 Specialized Allez.. just picked myself up a 24 speed version for £399 😀

Premier Icon PeteG55
    Subscriber

You wont go too far wrong with any of the major brands. Not much to choose from in terms of ride and component choices. Keep an eye out for a deal and you might get a nice upgrade though.

karnali

what size you looking for may be able to sort u a beautiful rourke frame into a build up for around that price

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

IMG_0004 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

£600 as is apart from the saddle

Premier Icon one_bad_mofo
    Subscriber

Last month at the London Cycle Show I picked up a B’Twin Sport 3 for just £500. Having said that even at full retail of £599 it’s a cracking deal.

Stuey01

2010 Cannondale CAAD8 – can be gotten on offer for £450 depending on your size. My mate just picked one up as his first road bike, it’s really nice.

will

Second hand for this price mate. Bikeradar has some great deals! I know there is a bloke on there at the moment selling a nearly new defy 1 for £350!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Best road bike for £500…’ is closed to new replies.