Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best reasonable mountain bike jacket
  • nosaintangel
    Free Member

Dont want to spend a fortune on a mtb specific jacket .Being a roady (and new tomountain biking) i have all the clothing i require ,but dont want to ruin it off road. Where and what reasonable jacket advice please. .
    thanks

iainc

Softshell is pretty good. What do you want from it ? Warmth, waterproofness ?

ton

altura mayhem.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

warmth for dry days maybe shower proof. as i’ve got an old altura rain jacket .

iainc

Have a look at the Endura Windchill. I got one a few months ago and its ideal for the 3-8 degree dryish rides.

discapade
    Free Member

I love my madison flux softshell

Mackem

Have a look at Dare2b.com – Sometimes ludicrously cheap, decent gear. I’ve got one of their waterproofs and it has been great so far. (about 18 months use)

nosaintangel
    Free Member

thanks for all the advice got something to go on now.

RichPenny
    Free Member

After years of not believing people, I’ve come up trumps twice in TK Maxx in the last few weeks. Icebreaker merino T for £13 and then a Berghaus wind stopper soft shell jacket for £34 🙂

ivorlott
    Free Member

One of these.
    Or wait for cycling stuff to come back in the Aldi specials, it’s mostly pretty good and stupidly cheap…

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have an Endura windchill (as recommended above) its perfect for autumn and colder winter rides when layered up. It’s not particularly water or windproof so if you’re riding in an exposed area you’ll want and need something suitable as another layer (when the weather’s foul I ride in woods to keep out of the worst of it so it’s fine for me). To be honest I find dealing with legs more troublesome, they are generally in the worst of the mud and water, I have mix if Endura tights / mt500 3/4 shorts and sealskinz socks. The top seems to take care of itself.

matther01
    Free Member

+1 windchill. Picked a new one up for brother in law for Xmas for £47.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

the, dare 2b circulate softshell, looks impressive for the price.£30 on the bay!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best reasonable mountain bike jacket’ is closed to new replies.