Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best program to move DVD to portable device ?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

I own a series of DVDs and I want to be able to play them on a portable device and retain the orig menu structure.

Whats the best program these days?

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I think the prog I used to use was DVDshrink but that was years back.

clubber
    Free Member

Depends on what you mean by ‘portable device’.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Midnighthour
    Free Member

Ideally I would want to use it on my netbook or to put on a USB stick so I can run stuff on the pcs without taking the boxes etc with me. We have several pcs here on different floors.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Just looked at the old program and I think something to shrink stuff a bit smaller would be better, I only want a smallish window running in my main screen.

clubber
    Free Member

DVDfab or dvdshrink will copy the whole dvd to your computer though the files will be pretty big (around 4.5gb) compared to about 1gb if you convert the film to a video file using handbrake or similar but you’d then lose the menu structure. Do you actually need it (always)? If you create a video file you can also resize it which will save a lot of space.

If you copy the whole thing you can then run the dvd by clicking on the video_ts.ifo file. Our if you use something like vlc media player you can choose to play from the folder.

oily67
    Free Member

I use DVDFab 9. It’ll rip almost anything plus convert files to suit your exact device.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

DVD Catalyst 4 (paid version) Here quick and efficient

Put loads of DVD’s onto my wifes Nexus recently and all very painless for about six quids worth of software

Goldigger
    Free Member

“MakeMKV” to rip DVD or blu ray.. Then use “handbrake” to encode it.
    Handbrake let’s you change the resolution etc..this will bring the file size down.

ricardo666
    Free Member
    Rockhopper
    Free Member

DVD Fab files are usually under 1gb for a normal DVD (not blueray)

danrandon
    Free Member

Handbrake is free and available for PC and mac and does a cracking job

hughjengin
    Free Member

+1 for DVD catalyst paid version. Super easy to use

grum
    Free Member

Easier to just download torrents in the right format IMO. No moral issues if you already own the DVD.

cranberry
    Free Member

Handbrake is free and works well – ckicky

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best program to move DVD to portable device ?’ is closed to new replies.