Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • best post ride….
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sat in the brewery rolling distance from the end of the trail for curry night in front of a nice log fire. Doesn’t get much better.

MadPierre

Sounds good but log fire a bit unnecessary in July?

chojin
    Free Member

It’s slightly more necessary for our antipodean friend here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rewski
    Free Member

Sounds good but log fire a bit unnecessary in July?

maybe but gives off a nice light and you can always sit further away, keeps away monsters too.

Northwind

Best ever post-ride… Coming down off the hills at kinlochleven in a snowstorm, soaked to the skin, no feeling in extremities. Collapse into hot shower for an hour, curled up on the floor like a drug addict in withdrawal.

Normal people will never know how good this can feel!

It’s usually our annual August Bank holiday ride – the womenfolk gather at the pub and we fire the huge bbq up and have a gazebo with loads of food. Then the drinking commences.

Last Thursday was pretty good though – usual post ride pub but then a load of other bikers we know turned up and we had an Impromptu babies head wetting session for one of them. Turned into a right laugh!

danielgroves
    Free Member

The ops sounds pretty amazing.

Best ever post-ride… Coming down off the hills at kinlochleven in a snowstorm, soaked to the skin, no feeling in extremities. Collapse into hot shower for an hour, curled up on the floor like a drug addict in withdrawal.

Agreed, this feels great, until you get back to find the boilers buggered as I once did.

In my opinion all you really need is a great group of mates, although a good setting will only ever make it better.

brakes
    Free Member

sitting eating curly fries, enjoying the view of the waitresses at the GLC Bar in Whistler Bike Park

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep down south it’s colder and was pissing it down, squid curry and some beers all better, even stopped the rain. What more can you ask for?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Staying in Mabie lodge for £10 a head with a big scots wedding on , sat on the lawn with the lads and a pint of guinness waiting for me steak pie and chips. having not eaten since 9am did the cheeseboard and a pudding before starting on the whiskeys – few years ago now, though

andytherocketeer

Getting back from a day’s MTBing in Maribor, sat outside the cake hotel on the terrace, trying to decide which cake from the cake menu, but we were sat right outside the kitchen ventilation window just when they put a jumbo batch of chocolate cake on to cook. Minds were made up pretty quickly. Was starving.

kiwijohn

That’s why I bought a house at the end of the trails, next to a brewery.
    Nothing beats getting home to the smell of malting barley.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

🙂 Will have to pop in next time! Did Clarence & Meehan ranges last weekend with the Saltwater Socal ride

patriotpro
    Free Member

It all sounded blissful until

squid curry

kiwijohn

Anytime.
    I always forget about the Dirt Devils rides until they pop up on Facebook.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘best post ride….’ is closed to new replies.