• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by trout.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • best place to sell my old van
  • trout
    Free Member

Got a fresh van coming along  1st oct  dealer doesnt want my old van ( offered me  stupid low figure and said I would get better on ebay )

so is ebay a good place to sell an old VW T5 or should I try somewhere better  ? ?

I have been told it is a desireable van for the surfer dudes being long wheelbase and a kombi with windows and back seats  but very much out of touch as I have had it from new in 05

breadcrumb

Sounds worthless, I’ll give you £500.

eBay should do you well, a stealth ad on here might be an idea too… 😉

woodster

Everyone who wants a T5 (53% of the population) has already bought one sadly.

ebay will probably get you the best price, but be prepared to deal with some idiots.

duner
    Free Member

might be interested if you have any more details…

lion
    Free Member

Currently looking for a replacement work/weekend van myself so registering interest too!

steveh

Best way to sell now is ebay as a classified advert. 28 days for £15, no other fees to pay. Include and honest, full description and decent pictures.

Secondly I also could be interested if you have some details and a price.

Smudger666

Is it white, and is it polished/waxed?

lesgrandepotato

Is it white, and is it polished/waxed?

Only his undercarriage

andyl
    Free Member

Definitely post up on here. Have 99% decided on a new style Boxer/Relay/Ducato but part of me still interested in a T5 for the narrower width as we pop down to Devon and Cornwall a bit…1 owner LWB Kombi sounds interesting…hint hint

trout
    Free Member

thanks for the advise

now a whats it worth question

05 T32 kombi  5 seats  168000 miles  genuine , 2.5 , 174 ps , 6 speed manual .

Aircon working regassed last year

at the moment no Mot but hoping it will pass this week .

small issue on the gearbox  shifting from 5 to 6  needs a small double de clutch as its a little sticky .

rear suspension bushes are a bit rattly.

it does scrub up nicely

passenger side electric window packed up and converted to manual winder  I do have a new motor for it but the issue is elsewhere

it ready for a service too

Oh and this little whoopsie from this summer

spooky_b329

I’m not a VW fanatic but that van is quite appealing, suspect its because its understated and unmessed with, rare to see one without bodycolour everything, 22″ rims and stickers 🙂

ElShalimo

Given the premium with VW T5 vans, I reckon it’s worth fixing the issues listed to get the best resale price. (Some people will pay silly money for a tatty van nevermind a good one). If it’s a genuine VW Kombi it’s worth more than an aftermarket conversion.

steveh

You will get a better price with work done but it’s quite a bit of work. Gearbox out to fix the 5/6th issue, 2 panels to paint and then minor bits like bushes/window.

I’d still be interested either as is or sorted depending on price.

kilo

I think I saw the gear box thing on wheeler dealers- pop it up on the ramp, get Paul the mechanic to lend a hand with the lifting, change the thrust trunnion and pop it back in- should take about half an hour and cost about a tenner

ElShalimo

@trout – the real question here is how come your grass so healthy, lustrous and luxurious? Ours is a yellow and brown wasteland with a nasty dandelion infestation.

trout
    Free Member

Ha ha  I am amazed how a weeks rain and the grass which looked dead has sprung back to life .

I dont realy have the time and the money to do repairs so happy to reflect a reasonable price

for sale as is .

the gearbox thing I have been driving like this for 5 years or more in fact 5 to 6 in any car gets a little declutch from habit now .

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘best place to sell my old van’ is closed to new replies.