Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best place to sell bike bits – eBay?
  • big_scot_nanny

Broken record I know…

I used to buy and sell on here quite a lot (bought a frame from Ton, of course – still have it!), but now have a load of bits to shift inc. fat bike stuff (frames and wheels)

I have had, touch wood, reasonably good experiences with eBay over the years, and indeed have sold and am selling other stuff recently.

Is that the best place? here is dead, Pinkbike looks a bit of a minefield.. eBay to let the market decide what my stuff is worth?

Whadya thunk?

hooli

Pinkbike if you know the value, bigger items seem to sell best – Frame, fork etc.

For anything else, keep an eye on ebay for £1 max fees. Stick it on there and wait for the stupid questions to start rolling in. You will be rewarded with the daft amount stuff is selling for at the moment.

kimbers

Selling any onld bkek tat on ebay is making money at the moment, honestly its daft on there!

paulneenan76
    Free Member

I’ve got my C456 rolling chassis here and across Facebook and am about to go Pinkbike before reverting to depressing EBay.

big_scot_nanny

Cheers folks, will prob give on here a bash first, then eBay FTW 🙂

b230ftw
    Free Member

eBay is great if you do a good listing (it’s depressing how many people can’t take some acceptable pics and WRITE A DESCRIPTION of what they are selling) and follow the rules they lay down.
    Sold a couple of more niche things on here.
    Retrobike for the old stuff (pre 2000).
    I’ve sold about £1k worth of stuff in the last month and no issues with eBay.

nixie

eBay but wait for one of the max £1 listing fee events, just make sure you activate it before listing. Some stuff on here if I think it’ll go easily. Most stuff had been on eBay though with buy it now (with offer). Everything has sold.

oikeith

Pinkbke and eBay £1 listings, I seem to get the £1 listing towards the end of each month

darksideby182

eBay are doing £1 listings this weekend.
    eBay £1 list fee

beagle
    Free Member

Bonkers that it’s not as fruitful on here. Could be so much better!

Blackflag
    Free Member

despite what others have said before, i sold my mrs road bike on facebook market place the other day and that was so much easier than ebay. Went really quick. Plus i got 100% of the selling fee.

kerley
    Free Member

eBay. I think the people that have problems with it don’t really know what they are doing or how to use it.
    I sell pretty much everything Buy It Now with Payment required immediately and never get any problems (have sold over £50K of items since 2003)
    If item is over £50 I ensure that postage is tracked and use Royal Mail as it removes any third parties being involved

paulneenan76
    Free Member

I have no plans to mail this bike for a number of reasons but mostly because it’s pretty slow this time of year, stuff goes missing and Covid has not helped.

big_scot_nanny

Wee update, in the end I advertised complete bikes on here with a boost fee. Happy to help STW, love the mag and like the community so every little bit helps.

Some folks interested but no commitment.

@Blackflag
    – I really hadn’t thought of FB marketplace. As these were complete bikes, I was concerned about the massive hassle of packing and shipping a bike from an Ebay sale (although I have no issues with smaller stuff and electronics) so decided to give it a crack.

Brilliant. Obviously a huge audience, local pickup only, cash or instant transfer, you meet folks face to face. Perfect. Huge amount of interest on there and they went almost instantly.

Maybe I should have gone ebay as I think I underpriced things, but, what they hey, they were not being used by my family, so now with folks who will actually get some use out of them and I’ve got some pocket money for ‘stuff’ 🙂

Tracey

Glad to hear its gone well.

I was on the lookout for some upgrade parts for my forks last week. Just missed a new set of 36s at half price on Pinkbike and there was an RC2 upgrade damper on but a bit dear so gave it a miss. Ordered bits from Germany which were posted yesterday.
    Sods law and the forks are back up for sale today, part of me says I should buy them and the charger was up on ebay at a lot less with no bids last night. Put a bid in and got it. Will stick it in some other forks now.

I think its slowed down compared to a month ago, glad I don’t have much left to move on 😀

clubby

Put stuff on eBay on Saturday night and it had all sold and been paid for by Monday lunchtime. Used eBay pack link as it was half price this month, dropped at local newsagents yesterday and it was all delivered today. eBay selling fee promotion means it was £3 fees plus a bit in PayPal fees.
    Put up good photos, an honest description and use a cheeky buy it now price 20% over what you want and wait for sensible offers. Even got full asking on one item.

mattbee

I’ve never sold anything of note advertised here, but have always had success with eBay.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best place to sell bike bits – eBay?’ is closed to new replies.