• This topic has 12 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by bomble.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best place to sell a motorbike
  • howarthp

I’m selling my ’22 plate Triumph Tiger GT Explorer. It’s in showroom condition, has done 702 miles and has pretty much every option added. Just not the bike for me.

I’ve had a painfully low quote from Triumph so where else should I look bearing in mind I’ve never sold a vehicle privately.

Thanks all

weeksy

Ebay or Motorcyclenews

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Triumph Tiger forum?

fasthaggis

Yup,Triumph Tiger Forum.

stevie750

I was skimming down and read this as best way to smell a motorcycle. I am very tired

breninbeener

Thats an expensive bike, so i wouldnt mess about with smaller audience advertising.

You need an add on Ebay, and the Tiger forum. (Uk and European if that exixsts). Not sure how good MCN is, but more exposure means more chances of selling.

intheborders
    Free Member

Try other Triumph Dealers – but be aware of what they’ve already in stock s/h, and the price been asked.

Just had a quick look and new ones are going at £18k but I’m guessing you paid more as you mention ‘options’. It’s a lot of money for a s/h bike and TBH most folk who are spending this much, buy new especially when they’ve also the offer of PCP.

How much did the offer you, £13-14k?

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Autotrader bikes might be worth consiering.

That’s what I have used to buy bikes in the past.

bazzer
    Free Member

Wish I had read this earlier I was interested but the new price was putting me off and limited 2nd hand available.

I ordered a KTM 1290 Super Adventure S yesterday instead as it was 3K+ Cheaper

mboy
    Free Member

Wish I had read this earlier I was interested but the new price was putting me off and limited 2nd hand available.

I ordered a KTM 1290 Super Adventure S yesterday instead as it was 3K+ Cheaper

You’ve bought the better bike, trust me… Picked mine up on Thursday, loving it so far!

Test rode the new Tiger 1200 GT Pro, loved the chassis, loved the ergonomics, loved the power delivery, HATED the vibrations with a passion! It was horrific, anything from 4krpm up and it vibed like nothing else I’ve ever ridden (and I’ve owned an older 1290, various other big twins, even turned up for the test ride on my KTM 1190 RC8 and that was smooth by comparison!)

As for the OP’s conundrum… Cubo Moto recently gave me an excellent price on my R1200GS, so much so that it wasn’t worth bothering listing it privately in the end. Had offers as much as £2k lower from other traders. They were also highly professional and very helpful. Highly recommended.

andyp79
    Free Member

Difficult one with a bike that new and expensive. I’d try Cubo Moto too, they took my 848 Corse a few years ago and it was zero hassle. They always seem to have a lot of recent expensive bikes for sale. Think the guy is called Dino.

Andy

Crikey that kaboom looks like a lump.

Do they ride lighter than equivalent I wonder?

Plus if you have never owned or ridden a biggish or big single thumper then true vibrations will be unknown to you.

Oh and fun riding of course ;d

bomble
    Free Member

Another vote for Cubo Moto. I’ve sold a couple of hypermotards through them, they take the bike, prep it etc and can offer finance etc.
    They take a commission and you can cancel your insurance. Worked really well for me and sold quickly.
    They obviously also can make you an offer for a straight purchase but I ended up with a better price through their commission scheme.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.