Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Best place to buy iPhone 6s?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

The time has come where we accept that our girls are getting mobiles so we have decided on unlocked iPhone 6s’s with GiffGaff SIM cards. I was just about to press submit on the Argos Outlet on Ebay when the two I had in my basket had been sold to someone else (FFS). So where else can I get such phones for a decent price (they were £123 each in the Ebay Store).

Cheers

bentandbroken

Musicmagpie had a good selection just before Christmas

maccruiskeen

CEX?

Keep in mind that refurbished phones are one of a kind- they’re not just going to sit around in your basket while you think about it 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

As glibly as possible – in the past.

Okay, being less of a dick, the 6s is a great phone, but Apple will make it ‘technically’ obsolete come autumn, it’ll still work as before, but will miss any security updates.

jam-bo

bear in mind the 6s will likely be the next to get cut off from updates on the next big update to iOS14.

ratherbeintobago

I think the 7 has better battery life too.

johndoh
    Free Member

eep in mind that refurbished phones are one of a kind- they’re not just going to sit around in your basket while you think about it

They were in there for about 5 minutes as I discussed with my wife 🙁

bear in mind the 6s will likely be the next to get cut off from updates on the next big update to iOS14.

Yeah I know they won’t be forever phones, just a first step. Likely next time around they will get our old phones when we upgrade.

maccruiskeen

bear in mind the 6s will likely be the next to get cut off from updates

I’ve continued to use apple phones long after they’ve continued to get updates and its apple’s policy now to keep old models within the scope of updates for as long a they can.

jonnyboi

Buy used on eBay? I got one for my daughter last week for £54 and it’s grand

johndoh
    Free Member

Buy used on eBay?

I have been watching Ebay private sales but nothing is coming up – and of course buying from the Ebay Argos Store would get me a 12 month warranty too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Apple themselves?

Or classifieds on here, I sold my 6s in the classifieds.

As a first step into smartphones you can’t really go wrong. You’ll probably need a cover of some sort and they’re available.

My Nephews have just got their 1st smartphones too, 10 & 13.. both on 6s’s bought off family friends.

That could be worth exploring.. chatting at the school..

MarkyG82

What do you and your wife have now? Cheeky upgrade time?

johndoh
    Free Member

What do you and your wife have now? Cheeky upgrade time?

We have the XS – there is no way they are getting those at their age (year 6), although one girl at school has an XR. Most of their friends now have 6s’ or 7’s (we are amongst the last to hold out).

swedishmetal
    Free Member

Blimey, I have my perfect condition 7 away to a friend who needed a phone, wasn’t aware they still had so much value.

MarkyG82

In that case does it have to be iPhone? Plenty good enough androids for <£150 if only going to be battered by kids.

johndoh
    Free Member

In that case does it have to be iPhone? Plenty good enough androids for <£150 if only going to be battered by kids.

No it doesn’t have to be an iPhone but the Family Sharing is a bonus (although we could get by with Google Family) and they can Facetime their cousins who live in Australia. To be fair I think I have argued myself from iPhone over to Android and back to iPhone about 100 times over the last couple of months.

chestrockwell

You’re in Harrogate right? might have a rose gold 7 available soon if you are interested? Just got a new phone and waiting to see if I get on with it.

boomerlives
    Free Member

Do not go to music magpie. They will sell you a phone that doesn’t work and claim you have got it wet.

Crooks. Avoid like the plague.

But the 7 is a better all round phone than the 6, but you don’t keep the headphone jack if you have old skool headphones.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Just got a new phone and waiting to see if I get on with it.

I’d probably be interested if the OP isn’t.
    😁

Drac

https://www.4gadgets.co.uk

Proved excellent for my daughter’s Xmas praise.

johndoh
    Free Member

Chestrockwell – I might just be interested- DM if it becomes available cheers.

johndoh
    Free Member

@chestrockwell – is that iPhone 7 going to become available? I have managed to get one from Ebay but no more decent ones are coming up at the moment. If yours is in very good condition I would be very interested.

dove1

Not a stealth ad, but I have 2 iPhone 6s’s that I am going to sell. 1 Black, 1 white, both 64GB. PM me if you are interested.

johndoh
    Free Member

Not for me now thanks – after a bit of research (and finding out what their friends have) we decided to go for 7s.

Thanks anyway 🙂

chestrockwell

Sorry John, just seen this. Yeah, guess it can be as it’s not being used atm. You’re welcome to call round to the fire station when I’m on duty for a look if you want?

dogbone

I got my daughter an iPhone SE as her first phone. She loves it. I paid £100 (last June) for an unused unwanted upgrade one.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Best place to buy iPhone 6s?’ is closed to new replies.