Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best place to buy batteries?
  • dufresneorama
    Free Member

Needing to restock my AA and AAA batteries. Anyone know of any good deals? Is it false economy getting the cheapo ones? Am I better going with rechargeable?

PaulD
    Free Member

Poundland and 99p Stores for genuine alkaline batteries…typically Memorex, Sony, Kodak, Panasonic or Polaroid.

All the alkalines I have bought have been fine..no exceptions.

Look for the 6-packs or 4+2free.

You know the price…

Avoid the heavy duty zinc carbon…..just cheapo trash that leak.

Do not bother with rechargeables as they are only 1.2v that gives poor output with LED torches….just check it out if you do not believe me.

PaulD

Coleman
    Free Member

These are a pretty good deal at the moment. 40 AA or AAA for £6.99

http://www.7dayshop.com/chargers-power-batteries/alkaline-single-use-batteries?brand=189

ahwiles
    Free Member

i use rechargeable Nimh AA’s in all my led torches, they’re fine.

(i’d spend a fortune on batteries if i bought single-use)

Drac

I’ve ordered the ones Coleman has linked for this years Xmas panic hunt for batteries. I also have a good stock of their own brand rechargeables which are excellent.

Oh and I use the rechargeable ones on my LED torch and they work fine and dandy, don’t believe well just try.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Nice one, cheers folks.
    Ordered some from link above. I’ve got some rechargeables I use for bike lights, but there are for remote controls, clocks and christmas tat.

Gilesey
    Free Member

Sanyo eneloop have worked flawlessly for me for years, and paid for themselves over and over. Never had any problems with output for LED torches or anything else.

Just check it out if you don’t believe some random blokes off the internet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best place to buy batteries?’ is closed to new replies.