Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • best place for second hand Xbox one s or x?
  • big_scot_nanny

Hi!

Myself and middle aged pals want to get onto a bit of online FPS multiplayer action. Turns out their kids have all got Xboxs, and that there really isn’t an option that’ll work on my Mac to let me join in. go figure.

Chances of me borrowing ‘my’ PS4 from my 15yr old son are… low.

So, looking to get a second hand xbox one (like S, don’t think there is any need for the X for me?).

Any risks beyond the usual in buying from ebay, or from the likes of musicmagpie? Any other tips gratefully received.

Prepare for next barrage of questions on console fun 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Get the One X if you can.

My two boys both have One S’s and I bought myself a One X on a deal that was pretty much the same as a new One S at the time. The difference between them is quite noticable in terms of either resolution or framerate depending on the settings.

There’ll be lots of both knocking about second hand with the release of the new gen console, I’d imagine.

ste_t
    Free Member

I sold an S and bought an X both on Facebook marketplace. Both shown working through the living room window before boxing up, bank transfer, passed out the window.

robola

I don’t think I would bother with the last gen at this point. The 2nd hand prices are too high to be good value.

If you are just wanting to get playing with mates and aren’t playing though a massive 4k TV the new series S would be a better option I reckon. Stock can be found and for £250 it is similar to the used price of a One X.

big_scot_nanny

FB marketplace I had forgotten about for some reason. Good call. Jeez, loads for sale locally. Excellent.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

I agree The new S would be the route I sold my Xbox One for a lot more than I thought we would get but to be truthful they are all really good current or next gen.

allanoleary
    Free Member

I wanted the One S 1Tb but obviously they are no longer for sale new so I ended up with the Series S instead. Downside is that I can’t buy cheap 2nd hand games from CEX for it… have to download them which takes aaaaaaaaaageeeessssss. Upside is I don’t have the games cluttering the place up and they load a LOT faster.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘best place for second hand Xbox one s or x?’ is closed to new replies.