Best place for kitchen appliances? (Maybe I should have posted on Mumsnet?!?)

Home Forum Chat Forum Best place for kitchen appliances? (Maybe I should have posted on Mumsnet?!?)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Best place for kitchen appliances? (Maybe I should have posted on Mumsnet?!?)
  • Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Subscriber

I am a bit of a tart and would be hoping for everything to be more or less the same brand (preferably German too).

YABU

d45yth

YABU – You are being unreasonable? 😳

Premier Icon aazlad
    Subscriber

If you’re in the northwest head to the Currys/PC World outlet in Manchester. It’s at the junction between the Mancunian Way and Ashton Road. It’s basically where all the internet order returns go to.

We recently got an AEG drier and fridge for less than half price. I hear they have an auction on a wednesday night where even better bargains are to be had.

ml

I used AppliancesOnline (http://ao.com/) who were very good. Ordered one afternoon, delivered the next morning (cooker + hob). Used my Quidco account and got a decent amount of money back. Recommended.

d45yth

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows where/how to get the best prices on some kitchen appliances? I’ll be needing 5 or 6 different things and wasn’t sure whether to shop about for each individual item or to try and strike a deal for getting the lot supplied from one place. I’m guessing the kitchen folk will be far from the cheapest?

I am a bit of a tart and would be hoping for everything to be more or less the same brand (preferably German too).

Cheers! 🙂

d45yth

Cheers for the suggestions. I think I might order everything I need from ‘Appliance World’, unless anyone has any other suggestions?

John Lewis, extra year guarantee on appliances, free delivery and decent prices. I like their employee owned business model too.

ebygomm

Asked in john lewis if they were willing to do a deal if i bought hob/oven/extractor from them and weren’t interested.

Local neff dealer happy to oblige so got a reasonable discount, cheaper than appliances direct.

prawny

Another recommendation for ao.com, just got a fridge freezer from them same model was £200 more in currys. Delivery was seamless.

jaylittle

Sonic direct, if you make more than 3 purchases at once they are willing to do a deal.

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

http://www.365electrical.com/

Ignore the shonky website, they were really good. Discount for multiple purchases, weren’t phased by the dodgy access to our house & delivered on time (2 hour slot, phone call 30 mins before to say they were on their way).

recommended

jamiea

Local neff dealer happy to oblige so got a reasonable discount, cheaper than appliances direct.

Really? That does surprise me- we (local independent bespoke kitchen firm) can’t buy Neff, or anyone else, for less than AO, Appliances Direct etc.!

Cheers
    Jamie

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

local Euronics retailer? Always had very good service from mine in the past, price (including fitting & carting away old appliance) is generally the same as JL, etc.

ebygomm

Really? That does surprise me- we (local independent bespoke kitchen firm) can’t buy Neff, or anyone else, for less than AO, Appliances Direct etc.!

Was this place

http://www.kitchenappliancecentre.co.uk/

We picked up rather than had it delivered and I’m not sure if that makes a difference (getting it in the car was like playing tetris 🙂 )

Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Subscriber

You weren’t really being unreasonable – I was just enjoying knowing a bit of Mumsnet parlance 🙂

YANBU – TBH 😉

365electrical mentioned above are about 5 miles from my house. Had a few things from them, if the price is right, they’re a decent company to deal with in the flesh as well as online if that helps

d45yth

Thanks for the extra replies.

Markie

Neff +2.

A few years ago we got a substantial discount when filling a new kitchen with their stuff.

d45yth

I think I’m sorted…AEG double oven, gas hob, extractor, built-in dishwasher and a built-in Gorenje fridge/freezer (5 year guarantee) for round about £1500. Out of the brands I was looking at, I can’t get anywhere close to this price with Bosch or Siemens.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Best place for kitchen appliances? (Maybe I should have posted on Mumsnet?!?)’ is closed to new replies.