Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • best place for hub bearings
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

I think i’m going to replace the hub bearings as my rear hub is feeling a bit notchy. They just standard cartridge bearings, not sure of the size, will find that out, but where is the best place to get them from? Are ceramic bearings worth a go or hybrid steel/ceramic ones a good cost compromise?

Cheers

aracer
    Free Member

In between the axle and the hub shell always works best for me.

docrobster
    Free Member

Ceramic not worth the extra
    This is a good question though.
    Used to always use ka-tec, rip.
    Since then I’ve just googled the bearing size and bought the cheapest online

Northwind

If it’s a size that Hope use then their bearings are often the best value, quality option. (just got some 6902s from Wiggle for £4.20)

I’d stick to brands- SKF, FAG, INA, Koyo. I like Koyo because they come in a little cardboard box, like matchbox cars used to, this is as good a reason as any. Real cheapos are a false economy IME, I remember buying a pack of 5 Challenges and 2 were rough out of hte box, one shattered in fitting, one lasted entire miles before going rough… And the 5th lasted absolutely ages 😆

(not to say cheap bearings can’t be good but it’s hard to know when they’re good and when they’re shit. And sellers intentionally selling cheap crap are never good to deal with)

edhornby

Simplybearings are ace

carlosg
    Free Member

I use Aire bearings , helps that they are local to me in Pudsey/Leeds but they seem to be good.

bigfooter
    Free Member

Been using kinetic bearings recently https://www.kineticbikebearings.com and been really pleased with service and quality thus far.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘best place for hub bearings’ is closed to new replies.