Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best Place for Fox Fork Service?
  • shooterman

A quick search of the forum didn’t throw up a direct answer to the question above.

I need to get a pair of TALAS forks serviced. There seem to be quite a lot of service centres around at the moment all charging more or less the same price.

Who would you recommend?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Mojo

tmb467
    Free Member

Mojo are great – but there are cheaper places and if it’s just a basic seal and oil change then maybe look locally

Once you get down to damper services then there are less options but again, depends where you are and what needs done

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

I’ve used Mojo & TFTuned in the past – all good – no complaints about either

My last two services have been done via Grant who runs http://www.southcoastsuspension.co.uk/

I’ve been very happy with his work & can definitely recommend him

submarined
    Free Member

Based on the service I received when my X2 went in for warranty (which presumably they make little, if any money on at all) I wouldn’t hesitate for one second to use Mojo, and will for my 36s.

kayak23

I always use J-Tech. Good bloke.

MartynS

where are you in the country?
    I’ve got a very good fox suspension place not to far away from me that I’ve used (n Gear in Poynton, Cheshire)
    Mojo are good but very pricey. I’m reluctant to post having read the stories about stuff being confiscated and with a good local shop see no need to risk it!

timmys

Mojo – very good but a bit pricey. As the Fox distributors they tend to be able to go the extra bit, ie. replacing decals as part of the service, being able to deal with things under warranty.

TF tuned – Probably who I’ve used the most as I particularly like their courier pick up /drop off service at a cost that’s cheaper than organising yourself. Also find them returning all the used parts (seals etc.) they’ve replaced strangely gratifying.

Next time I’d probably give Plush Suspension a shot as they now have a workshop in my fav LBS (Brink Cycleworks) and the guy seems very on the ball.

shooterman

Travel adjust on the TALAS is stuck and it is due a service so looking to get both done at once.

Nowhere near Cheshire I’m afraid.

Mojo it looks like then!

gelert
    Free Member

Polished Racing in Wrexham. Pete is a genius with all brands, ex Mojo staffer so knows Fox very well. Nice guy and very fair pricing. If it’s good enough for Gee I think we know we’ll not be as good as him whoever services our suspension tho.

trisysjoint

Try Derbyshire MTB Suspension services.
    Neil will sort em out for no doubt a good price.
    drop him a mail info (at) derbyshiresuspension.co.uk

I’ve had a few shocks and forks done by him, top quality work.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Where do you live?

I have my forks and shocks serviced by Pedalworx in essex near lakeside.

Excellent service and rates.

Don’t do mail order as far as I know but worth and ask.

Speak to Nick, tell him Andy sent you

mindmap3
    Free Member

Mojo are good but seem pricey as mentioned.

TF are really good and the fact that you can book a collection makes it a bit easier. You get good updates on the collection and delivery via email and text.

J Tech are good too – they did a great job on my 36’s and my Devilles.

Are Loco still going? They used to be pretty popular on here.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

give rick @ slick and slide a shout in Macclesfield / cheshire, not solely that area you can easily send in a shock or fork or seatpost to him just the same as the rest of the other companies

mega quick turnaround, cheaper and knows all there is to know about forks and shocks, a quality all round guy too
    http://www.slickandslide.co.uk

always had top service off him 8)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best Place for Fox Fork Service?’ is closed to new replies.