Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Best place for buying kitchen appliances
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m in the process of ordering a new kitchen and need a new hob, oven, dishwasher, etc. Can anyone recommend the best place price wise to buy on line? Cheers.

peteimpreza

Doing the same here.

Just been looking at John Lewis, Comet and Currys so far. Just spoken to the SO and a collegue has suggested that Tesco can be competitive online, but not sure if I want to give them any of my money.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Tesco does look quite promising price wise and I don’t see why you would have a problem giving them money when you would give it to currys, comet, etc. Price wise I’m after a decent hob and oven but the rest are all integrated so as long as they work okay I’m not bothered what they look like.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    peteimpreza

I feel Tesco is becoming too big and will stiffle competition eventually leading to less choice and higher prices.

Gary_M
    Free Member

mmm fair enough.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

John Lewis do price matching with other physical shops and automatically double the warranty on electrical goods (well they did when they were Cole Brothers in Sheffield) so they would get my vote.

MrOvershoot

When we did our kitchen we saved about £2000 on appliances using 2 online firms one was
    http://search.trade-appliances.co.uk/

The other was in Brighton but I can’t remember the name?

We were fearful that the online part of our kitchen was going to be the stumbling block but the delivery was so quick that we ended up with the new appliances in the lounge for 3 weeks!

Here’s another one http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/

peteimpreza

Been looking a the Tesco site and their rage is very limited. I could not compare prices because they did not have any of the appliances we have liked the look of elsewhere.

Sainsburys however have a much better range. Price wise they seem competitive. The Bosch oven we have shortlisted was £100 cheaper than B&Q.

The search continues. 😕

soma_rich
    Free Member

I went for John Lewis after ALOT of searching and research. I got a Zanussi washing machine price matched to a comet sale price with a 2 year warranty, free delivery and they took my old machine away!

I was impressed. especially I have 7 flights of stairs to get to my flat 🙂

spooky_b329

We found our cooker cheapest at http://www.cartersdirect.co.uk/content.php/100.

They are a Sussex based company with several brances so don’t know how delivery works outside their area, they’d normally deliver themselves locally.

They were the cheapest of the bricks and mortar places for the cooker we wanted, didn’t compare them to the online only retailers.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thnaks for all the pointers, I’ll have a look at these over the next few days.

trevorx
    Free Member

Got all of mine from appliancesonline. Based on Neff stuff a saved a pretty penny.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Co Op on line are good.

Wide range of brands and you can get next day delivery if it’s in stock.

djglover
    Free Member

Co Op on line or John Lewis

Gary_M
    Free Member

The problem I’m finding is that no single supplier is the cheapest for most products. For example one neff hob is £209 on one site and the same on John Lewis then another is £274 on John Lewis and £220 on another site. Looks like I’ll have to source each item individually rather than thinking x is the cheapest so I’ll buy everything from there.

This is going to be hard work.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Check if John Lewis (or any others) will price match, then get it all from John Lewis for the extra warranty (if they still do it, I would still check) or whoever will save you heaps?

Then you just have the one delivery/point of contact etc. to deal with, that would be worth something to me at least.

juan
    Free Member

homestore 😀
    mind you, you certainly won’t get free delivery 😉

sam_underhill

RDO cheaper than everyone else when I bought my new kitchen last year.

petrieboy

Got a kitchen full of Neff, Bosch and Miele from these guys last year.

Delivery is kerbside only which matters or nit depending on your situation but the customer service was good and they were very VERY cheap.

https://www.gassuperstore.co.uk/

totalshell

john lewis.. first last everytime.. price match no haggle great service

mudpup
    Free Member

Just went thru the exact same dilemma. Ended up with a kitchen full of mainly Bosch best buys (Pyrolitic oven, induction hob, extractor, dishwasher and washing machine) supplied by these guys Benk
    They price matched all the internet guys – i called them up with a total amount for all the appliances that they needed to beat and they came up trumps.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Best place for buying kitchen appliances’ is closed to new replies.