Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best Pike damper upgrade?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Running boost Charger 2 Pikes at 140mm, done the debonair spring upgrade which def makes them better. But it like them to feel better when pushed harder.

They are on a hardtail and it would be great if they would feel more like my old Marzocchi 44Ti rc3.

I don’t think I want or need a coil upgrade since the debonair is supple I just need more control.

I’m liking the sound of the new Push HC97 upgrade but reviews are thin on the ground – but looks ideal.

jam-bo

Strong arms. 😉

mashr

I’ve got a Pike Avalanche damper I need to sell if that’s of interest?

Rik
    Free Member

What’s the fork your currently running the avalanche damper in? and Year?

Rik
    Free Member

Nobody?

superfli
    Free Member

I can’t help I’m afraid, but if you do sell the charger damper and it’s for a 29 pike, Id be interested in buying it from you!

chakaping
    Free Member

Can the Charger 2 damper can be tuned?

If so, maybe go lighter on the compression – assuming that’s what you mean by wanting them to feel better. You were a bit vague, but I know the old Marz RC3 ti forks had a super-plush, fluid feel so I assume that’s what you miss.

The Lyrik Rc2 certainly gets a bit closer, with the compression wound off.

mashr

What’s the fork your currently running the avalanche damper in? and Year?

I bought it for a Yari/Lyrik only to find out later on that it wouldn’t actually fit 🙄 Had it checked over by Sprung Suspension (Avalanche UK in effect) but never even got to use it!

Happy to do a very attractive deal….

Rik
    Free Member

Chakaping –

I’m sure the fork is supple enough with the debonair upgrade not to need coil. But i think it’s not coil I need but it’s the feeling you get from a ccdb (coil or air) which is the free movement of oil in the system which makes everything feel effortless but controlled. The coil mainly helps with the first 10% with zero stiction. But it’s through mid stroke where the fork feels lifeless. It’s not bad, and doesn’t choke up like old original motion control Pikes on multiple hits, but it doesn’t gobble them up either. I think the hardtail makes it more pronounced than on a full sus.

I think it needs more oil moving through the system, hence the analogy with the ccdb rear shocks and old marz Ti rc3 forks.

poah
    Free Member

buying a different fork is what I did.

The-Duke

Mashr I might be interested in your avalanche damper, have sent you a pm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best Pike damper upgrade?’ is closed to new replies.