- Best piece of bike clothing you ever bought?
I have a gilet I bought about 6-7 years ago, I wear it all year round and its still going strong! Sometimes over a jersey in the summer and with jersey, arm warmers in Spring/Autumn. Been wearing it over a long sleeve jersey on winter rides. Can barely imagine riding without it now. One of the best pieces of bike clothing I ever bought.
Close 2nd goes to my Gore Bike Wear gloves, I have yet to experience cold hands while wearing them!
Yours??Posted 5 years agonickcSubscriber
1. Ground effect 3/4 (they have some daft name…it escapes me) lovely fleecy bits on the knees, they are just starting to go baggy after maybe 10 years.Posted 5 years ago
2. Sidi Dominators, unbelievably brilliantly comfortable shoes. expensive but worth every penny.
3. Troy Lee XC gloves, simply no equal.
4. the many buffs I have, all of which are cut in half, then they are more perfect.stevenmenmuirSubscriber
Ground Effect SubmerinoPosted 5 years ago
Got this about five years ago and wear it on most rides. I wear it as a mid or outer layer. It’s proven to be hard wearing and versatile and really good value considering the amount of use it has had. Also got an older pair of their 3/4 longs which I really like.Omar LittleMember
Assos mille bib shorts – he pad and fit just seem suit me perfectly.
The downside is the expense, think it was about £140 when i got mine but they are more expensive now. So over the last year i’ve tried to economise a bit, save the mille for long days in the saddle and get some other half decent bibs for shorter rides. Nothing comes close though and i’ve ended up spending about double what another pair of the milles would have cost 🙁Posted 5 years agocuriousyellowSubscriber
– DHB toe covers.Posted 5 years ago
– Cautiously optimistic when I say my new Endura Strike gloves. Seem to take that freezing edge off the weather.
– Pearl Izumi softshells also a contender. Got an Elite and the lower model down too. Like wearing them so much that I’ve now lost too much weight and need to size down 🙁heebyjeebySubscriber
There was a manufacturer a few years ago, now sadly gone, called parrot who made great gear.Posted 5 years ago
I remember fondly there baggy shorts which were am perfect cut which I still seek but have never attained from any other manufacturer, highlanders I think they were called.
Their gilets were good too
The topic ‘Best piece of bike clothing you ever bought?’ is closed to new replies.