best performing heli tape

Home Forum Bike Forum best performing heli tape

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • best performing heli tape
  • kamikaze1100

so I know this subject has been asked before (probably more than once!)
    but I need to heli tape my dialled alpine new build…
    what I would like to know is, what heli tape performs the best for…
    application (ease of)
    protection (thickness of)
    longevity (anti uv and non peel on edges)
    what are your opinions on the products that you guys have used, some say thicker stuff (0.36 micron etc) is too thick and peels but I would be worried that thinner is not going to protect as well against rock strikes etc???
    I know it’s a personal preference thing but as this stuff aint the cheapest I would like to know more before I pull the trigger and get mine ordered up!
    I live in cornwall u.k. so it’s gunna be getting wet and muddy so needs to stick well…

lilbare88

Have a serious look into InvisiFrame. Not the cheapest buts it top quality stuff. Goes on real easy, just give yourself plenty of time. Kits are made/designed specific for your bike so it can be difficult to see.

GolfChick

Dont bother with the rhino hide tape from ebay, it may go on wonderfully once heated but give it a few days and it will start peeling all over the place and now i need to peel it all off again and hope it doesnt wreck the decals underneath it in the process. Rubbish!

Premier Icon chief1409
    Subscriber

Have a serious look into InvisiFrame. Not the cheapest buts it top quality stuff. Goes on real easy, just give yourself plenty of time. Kits are made/designed specific for your bike so it can be difficult to see.

+1. Its excellent and very hard to see at all assuming you take the time to fit it properly. Some people think its expensive but the way i see it £55 against a £3k bike is nothing and will keep it looking like a £3k bike for a long time.

kamikaze1100

Spose I should say what my budget was… hehehe wanna spend about 30ish quid I have found a supplier on eBay that stocks 3m stuff that’s .36 microns and in the past i’ve only used that bike shields stuff but have to say it was a ball ache to future and didn’t wrap entirely around the frame which is also what i’d like it to do!

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

I’d have gone for invisiframe but having waited for two weeks for my order to be dispatched I’ve cancelled it and gone with Tesa tape from eBay which I’ve used before.
    Look on eBay Tesa Frame Tape.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘best performing heli tape’ is closed to new replies.