Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Best Orange 5 pro deals !
  • forred
    Free Member

Reedspeed -> just for info, my man at Sunset bikes has come up trumps and offered me a great deal on any five. So I think im going to change my order to a pro with upgraded fork, shock and maxle. In black. So its the same as the black gold but better brakes and hope hubs. Top marks to Sunset.

skywalker
    Free Member

What price have they offered you for the spec you wanted?

reedspeed
    Free Member

Owe much £?

reedspeed
    Free Member

My bikes £3100 after the 20 % !

forred
    Free Member

Sunset to match the 20% discount. Not better than steels, just the same. But great customer service so ill stick with them (even though steels are local).

forred
    Free Member

3100 after the 20% ? That must be pretty high spec pro? Mines come up at £2480. Just hope the wife doesnt see the price.

reedspeed
    Free Member

? That must be pretty high spec pro? 

It is yeah! ,its the 2013 spec with the heated orthapaedic grips! ….. 😀

fwokinfwok
    Free Member

M Steel’s 20% discount is only off in store bikes only. I called in yesterday to see what they had and if they had to order one in, it was the normal rrp

forred
    Free Member

Maybe they’ve changed their stance. Try Sunset – they will match the deal (and order one). I’m gutted though – got an unexpected extra tax bill today – had to cancel my order (postpone hopefully).

Toasty

I think the rip off with the Five isn’t the frame for me, it’s the fact they then charge £1400 on top of that for a £200 groupset, £200 wheelset*, OEM forks.

The spec on a Five Pro looks very similar to a bottom end Canyon AM come to mention it: http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2563

*Hope hubs laced to the cheapest rims Mavic make, good call.

coatesy
    Free Member

Fortunate that Mavic’s cheapest rims are actually good then 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

You can actually buy all of the parts separately and build a 5 pro for less that Orange will charge you.
    I like orange but the pro really needs repricing and don’t get me started on the cost of the “upgrades”.

boloclips
    Free Member

HI I have just ordered a Black Gold from sunset cycles and paid full price who do i need to call to mabey cancel order and get extra discount?
    Cheers

skywalker
    Free Member

You can actually buy all of the parts separately and build a 5 pro for less that Orange will charge you.

Frame £1400
    Forks £569 (although they are not FIT so it would be more)
    brakes £300

Thats £2269 already, somehow I don’t think you can.

Edit: actually I take that back, it works out close enough.

reedspeed
    Free Member

HI I have just ordered a Black Gold from sunset cycles and paid full price who do i need to call to mabey cancel order and get extra discount?

Ive ordered mine from steels in newcastle & got -20% !,mines a 5 pro but forred in this threads had a similar deal from Sunset with hope upgrades on a black n gold,

forred
    Free Member

Sunset?

reedspeed
    Free Member

Well,its all ordered, just gotta wait till the end of the month now,as fox shocks are on back order :cry:!

coatesy
    Free Member

You sure, we had 3 in this morning, maybe we had the last ones 😕

reedspeed
    Free Member

Thats what Orange said thisaft! 🙂

gsp1984
    Free Member

They always says forks are on back order then the bike turns up I’m a week… I know 4 people that have had that happen including me.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Best Orange 5 pro deals !’ is closed to new replies.