Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Best Online Cheap Compressor For Tubeless Installs Please?
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

Is refilling the oil a problem? The smaller one claims to be oil free.

julians
    Free Member

The screwfix one I have is also oil free, so no hassles refilling oil.

mrjmt
    Free Member

I know pretty much nothing about compressors, but i think the oil / oil free thing is more an issue if you’re spray painting with it as the oil needs to be filtered from the air before the spray gun if its an oiled compressor.

(but I wouldn’t listen to me).

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Just ordered the larger one and some PTFE tape.

Also managed to order a tool chest and a stool for the garage. At least I have somewhere to sit and drink my tea now!

barrykellett
    Free Member

Anyone who buys a compressor to inflate a bike tyre has both too much money and too much “Can’t be arsed” attitude.

£100 or 9p for the Ghetto inflator which works every single time? I have never known anyone to try the Ghetto method and decide it wasn’t good enough. It has even inflated non tubeless tyres on non tubeless rims for me.

pictonroad

I’d love a compressor for the instant inflation factor, but after finding that the ghetto inflator works every single time for the price of an inner tube I really would struggle to justify it.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Anyone who buys a compressor to inflate a bike tyre has both too much money

julians
    Free Member

Anyone who buys a compressor to inflate a bike tyre has both too much money and too much “Can’t be arsed” attitude

I dont only inflate bike tyres with mine. I also use it to squirt compressed air at my neighbours cats.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Will it work on a 650B cat? Or should I not take any chances and buy the 100L model?

matther01
    Free Member

Prestaflator is available in the UK for £33?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Have you got a link?

matther01
    Free Member

On mobile…but try nextdaytyres.co.uk

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Cheers. I’ll get one of those at some point as well.

haggis1978

CuriousYellow im guessing that you dont know that you’re not supposed to use tyre levers on tubeless rims as you can damage the bead and then they’ll never inflate?

leythervegas
    Free Member

I’m pretty much inept at anything mildly technical and I recently attempted the tubeless conversion. Glad to say it was very easy. All I used was a cheap track pump from lidl – currently on sale at £5 (including a 3 year guarantee!) and a bucket of soapy water. Inflated my tyres to 35psi first time no sweat. If you’re on a budget give it a try.

cchris2lou

i have one of those cheap 25lt .

I wouldnt get any smaller .

brilliant for tyres , dry bikes , car tyres , clean tumble dryer filter, hoover etc …

curiousyellow
    Free Member

@haggis1978 did think that, but sometimes you get a tyre/rim combo that is so tight that all you can do is tape twice, lever it up and hope that shit seats. Try Arch EXes on 1.85 Rocket Rons, or 2.25 Nics on Rovals.

@cchris2lou dry bikes you say? Hmmm…

Waiting for the compressor to show up now. Will post a picture once it’s here and of all my monies.

Oh wait, just found some monies lying around cos I so rich. So this one is for barrykellett:

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Best Online Cheap Compressor For Tubeless Installs Please?’ is closed to new replies.