Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best off-road routes in Peaks?
  • krixmeister

My planned Lake Districts trip has transmogrified to a Peaks trip tomorrow. Looking for a couple of long-ish (all day or half day) routes? We are basing ourselves in Hope if that helps.

Any recommendations/GPX routes anyone can share?

jeffl

We’ve had a bit of rain recently, not loads but check the keeeper off the peak feed to see what weather is like.

thepodge
    Free Member

The Kinder route above is a classic

mildbore

Perfect place to explore best of the Dark Peak. Agree you should head West to do the classic Rushup/Roych/Jacobs loop, then head East on the other day to ride around Win Hill/Lockerbrook/Derwent Moor, if you look at a map you’ll see the bridleways form loops that you can link together to suit your fitness/inclination. Depends what you like but Blackley Clough (potato alley),Haggs Farm,Gores plantation, the Beast and routes off Derwent Moor are all great descents.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

As above though I would add in a little extra loop into the Jacobs ride so you can do cavedale as well.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Roman lakes 100k challenge.

I did it in May this year. 10 hours, 74 miles and 11,000ft ascent. Should keep you busy!

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

r8jimbob – have you a link to the Roman lakes 100km you mentioned? Sounds interesting…

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Hope you can see this – https://www.strava.com/activities/301896713

I can’t seem to find the website that documents it for some reason. I believe a map is available from Roman Lakes in Marple.

I rode it from my house which added a little more distance to it. Easy enough to start in Hope though

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Cheers – I’ll store that one as something to do early next summer…(I googled it too and couldn’t find proper link for it)

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

That Kinder/Jacobs loop but instead of going up Chapel Gate, add in Edale>Hollins Cross>Mam Tor>Cavedale>Broken Road>Rushup Edge, then rejoin route at top of Chapel Gate.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best off-road routes in Peaks?’ is closed to new replies.