Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 217 total)
  • Best number plate ever
  • Bazz

Few years ago there was a Porsche (i think) with the reg H15 TOY round our way, driver was clearly having a midlife crisis.

pondo

Saw an old trail bike years ago with BAD80Y, and also heard of a vegtable wholesaler having POT80 on his Roller.

stewartc
    Free Member

CFH, remember them on my old drive into the city (following the embankment route).

nealglover
    Free Member

Edit…

[Quote]I’ve seen
    ……2 Low 4 You
    …..MU5CLE
    ….Moo Cows[/quote]

Can’t really see how any either of those could work ?

iainc

Gary – I see that Range Rover most days too, weird plate to have I agree

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

CFH – those are funny! I am still waiting to see a RR and a Freelander next to each other with “His XXX” and “Hers XXX.”

Peter Alliss has PUT 3 or 3 PUT which given that was the reason he packed in as a pro shows some humour.

CUR 10 for an antiques dealer when I was a kid was not bad.

But cant see the point personally especially given the cost – a bit like a tatoo, dont you get tired of them after a while?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Think Moo Cows is MO0 6OWS

Edit – checked facebook, it’s MOO 6OWS

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Cant remember what 2 low 4 you was

2 LOW 4 U – would that work?

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Many, many moons ago I was passed on the M4 by a car with the plate POR 928S. Ordinarily nothing distinctive except it was on a Porsche 928S.

And the second car I owned came with the number plate FAR 800T which I quite liked at the time. One way of reading it is with a Scottish accent. The other way was, apparently, more appropriate for me. 😯

rocketman
    Free Member

vegtable wholesaler having POT80 on his Roller

VEG1 and VEG2 (retired family grocers) live around the corner from us. Nice cars but not ostentatious. Nissans IIRC

There’s also G1 XER on a black pickup (Suzuki fan?) and TF05 TER rearranged to spell T FOSTER

njee20
    Free Member

Ok, it could have been M115CLE with a black screw between the the bottom of the two 1’s

That works.

Think Moo Cows is MO0 6OWS

So does that. We’re getting it now!

2 LOW 4 U – would that work?

Nope, that still doesn’t.

midlifecrashes

V14GRA used to be on a Yaris Verso a few years back, not seen it on the Rav4. DEV1L is on a Diablo in or around Doncaster. SPL1F, on a Range Rover is owned by a non-enobled furniture retailer round here too.

edward2000
    Free Member

My number plate is PJ13 FCU.

Nice

Gary_M
    Free Member

also heard of a vegtable wholesaler having POT80 on his Roller.

Were they selling some sort of leaf ‘veg’?

And the second car I owned came with the number plate FAR 800T which I quite liked at the time. One way of reading it is with a Scottish accent.

I’m Scottish and I don’t get it.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

When I worked in france about 10 years ago a guy who owned a rubbish collection firm booked out the whole hotel and flew his friends out for his 40th Birthday. His wife gave him a number plate that she found for £25k for his ferrari. I can’t remember how it was set out but it spelt TOXIC.

Was pretty cool. He also received a signed, used, schumacher helmet, and a nose cone from one of Schumachers cars with the bottom signed by the drivers and loads of mechanics etc.

Bastard had too much money.

We had to work our asses off that week, extra services, dinner service that didn’t finish until 23.30, perform some **** kareoke for them, basically just be performing monkeys for whatever whim they had.

We received a 20 euro tip each.

Rich stay richer!

verses

Saw a Corvette a few years back with TE51CLE

And there’s a Civic I keep seeing with H8 MTV. I’m not a fan of it either but don’t think I’d pay money to advertise the fact on my car…

thehustler
    Free Member

Couple from Stafford used to own B008 and 800B, when they divorced they argued over ownership, so the judge gave them 1 each.

The kicker individually they were worth approx £2k each as a pair of 8008’s they were worth 30-40k, and this was 15-20 years ago….

stormtrooper
    Free Member

I’ve seen VA91 NAL near where I live in Manchester. Perhaps he/she is a gynecologist?

Gary_M
    Free Member

And that was from a ‘rubbish collection firm’ image how much he could have made if they were any good.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I used to own WLB 88S.

Completely unique, was on a car of the correct age (love when someone buys a new car then sticks a 1970’s index plate on), didn’t cost me a penny, and just as ‘personalised’ and ‘private’ as any other plate.

Still, a fool and their money…

nealglover
    Free Member

….guy who owned a rubbish collection firm

He was Tony Soprano, and I claim my $5

Speeder

My car came with N5 RYA – the previous owner was called Ryan and he was fed up with it. I have registered it with one of those number plate agencies but they have put it up for £750 which is probably a bit much really. Might just stick it on eBay – anyone know how much it costs to go back to an age related plate?

Gaz

float
    Free Member

found this in California a few years ago. took me a long while to figure out.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Completely unique

Kinda the point of a number plate really.

kcal

My dad certainly mentioned the POT 80 plate yonks ago.

Didn’t Fiona Richmond (ggogle it) have FU 2?

I assume an opera singer, seen H1GH C on a otherwise nondescript Ford Fiesta round Edinburgh, and my daughter’s music teacher has again hatchback, BR4HMS which I think rather nice..

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Just yesterday on the A36 – sat behind the most convoluted ‘name’ I’d seen so far:

J411MESG

Which, by contrived use of a mis-aligned black screw-cap and some (un)clever spacing, produced J41•1MES G. Or “JAMES G”.

It was on the back of tricked-out shiny f off Range Rover, which, going by the vinyl stickers badly applied to his rear window, belonged to some hardwood flooring installer.

Classy. Real classy.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I own SYS513R, makes me happy.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Favourite one I ever saw was a Fiat 500 Esseesse with ‘V1BES’.

chojin
    Free Member

It’s not the best number plate ever, but there’s often an autobiography edition rangey parked in Winchester Sainsburys with the number plate “17”.

I’m sure the plate is worth more than the car.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

And that was from a ‘rubbish collection firm’ image how much he could have made if they were any good.

I was tempted to say garbage or refuse, but I didn’t want to spoil your fun!

iainc

J411MESG

surely that has 1 character too many ?

iolo
    Free Member

I saw Paul Daniels in a Ferrari which had MAG1C on it.

edd

There’s a battered Toyota in Stanmore, north London, which has OPU 1M opium (but spelt wrong) which I quite like.

And am I alone in being amazed that someone would buy this? Read the “17” as a “n” and you have a misspelt rude word…

Number plate by eddkh, on Flickr

howarthp

NUD 2 T

on an old Merc in Marylebone

LeeW

A good mate of mine has F18 NET on her MR2 and M15 BKR on her Yamaha something or other.

rshaul
    Free Member

couple of good ones round my way

S9 LUT
    EW D1C

also there a rather rich chap with his initials on EM 1 who supposedly kept on turning down ridiculous amounts of money for the plate for years from a certain music company.
    wonder if he was a bit peeved off when they went bust?

bob_summers

Used to see some prannit driving a loud, purple Lamborghini Diablo up and down Green Lanes in London. The most appropriate number for the car must’ve been taken, as he had D1BLO – probably better not to have bothered at all. Oh look, here comes the Diblo.

Coyote
    Free Member

I have NL11XXG 8)

metalheart
    Free Member

I may be tricked by the passage of time but I have a distinct memory as a child (living on the estate of a catholic seminary) that the nuns had Morris Minor (in a sorta duck egg blue) with the reg V1RGN.

Also recall a motor with USA51S which for some reason as an 8 yo I thought was waaaay cool…. 😳

jag61

there are loads that i see but few that amuse 2 that i remember are
    THE 911 on a 911! cant remember where and BOX 512 on a ferrarri 512? at silverstone unless i could find JAG 1 and could afford it for my clio dont think i could be that bothered TBH

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘Best number plate ever’ is closed to new replies.