• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Del.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best non-cloud android music player
  • shermer75
    Free Member

I’m struggling to find a music player that isn’t somehow flawed. Just want something that will let me browse and play my mp3s. The best I’ve found so far is black player, but the browsing bit has a bug and I constantly need to exit the program and start it again. Any suggestions?

Nothing that involves streaming off the internet or monthly subscription please- I find that sort of stuff really annoying!! 😉

Cougar

PowerAmp.

boblo
    Free Member

Can I add, ‘must cast/integrate with Sonos’ please?

johnners
    Free Member

Poweramp for me too, though since starting to use it a couple of years ago I’ve not tried anything else. Android can take care of the casting on my phone whether the App supports it or not – I’ve no idea about whether it can do anything clever with Sonos.

Del

you could try sony’s player. i know it does casting, dunno about sonos. does genre/album/artist etc.
    i installed it on my moto G5. had to do a bit of poking about but it was easy enough once i’d found a good link for the .apk

mrjmt
    Free Member

Do you have a link to the .apk?

nickjb
    Free Member

For playing music stored on the phone I like music folder player. Very simple. Just reads the folders that you have stuff stored in and keeps the structure. Works for me as the ID tags on my music is all over the place so most players mess things up.

eltonerino
    Free Member

Shuttle music player is pretty good.

CraigW
    Free Member

Vanilla Music. It is simple, lightweight, and free/open source. You can browse by folders or by tags.

athy62
    Free Member

I use and love Music Monkey. Use it on my PC too.

zippykona

How do you actually get the music on your phone?
    I’ve ended up with google music as the music appears automatically from iTunes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

you could try sony’s player.

Came stock on my phone, and have never felt the need to change it. The Gracenote add on is pretty good, too, adding album art to tracks if you don’t have it.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

AIMP 💡

CountZero

Onkyo HT music player. Dunno about the Sonos stuff, though. It works really well as a music player with a good multi-frequency EQ you can set up and save different curves for a variety of uses, and it cross-fades better than anything I’ve found and used.

Del

Came stock on my phone, and have never felt the need to change it. The Gracenote add on is pretty good, too, adding album art to tracks if you don’t have it.

yeah, got it with my compact z3. that broke pretty much every time i looked at it though. shame. nice phone apart from that.
    my moto g5 was nearly half the price, works just as well, and hasn’t broken at all.
    i’ll see if i can find the link tomorrow.

Del

sorry – not on this pc. think i must have done it at work and i’m on hols now.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best non-cloud android music player’ is closed to new replies.