Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Best mtb shorts
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

In the market for new shorts. The endura I have have been ripped in the crotch through regular catching on the nose of the saddle. Would like something more fitted but I don’t have the worlds smallest thighs. Any thoughts?

aP
    Free Member

Castelli or etxe ondo bibs.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Sorry, should have said I would like baggies that are not that baggy. Like having all the pockets.

nicko74

What model of endura? I found the Humvees were really baggy, especially when wet; on the other hand, the Singletracks are a bit more fitted and don’t have the same issues.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Can’t see any branding on them other than endura logos so not 100% sure they are humvees (had them a fair while) but looking at the pics on tinterweb I think they are. Will look at the single tracks thanks

danbo
    Free Member

Intrepid apparel is superb.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Gore Fusion, I believe there are some on offer at Evan’s

johnj2000
    Free Member

Darn it! Those Gore looked perfect but alas they have sold out of large.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Madison Zeniths

nickjb
    Free Member

I picked up some animal technical shorts from a PSA on here a while back and they are great. Slightly stretchy fabric so fit really well without being at all restrictive.

Coyote
    Free Member

Sombrio

Trekster

http://www.tenn-outdoors.co.uk/mountain-biking/mens/shorts/
    Stick FINAL in code box for an extra 10% off
    Got 2 pairs a couple of yrs ago and they have lasted longer than the Enduras!

DezB
    Free Member

Sugoi Gustav

pictonroad

As you’re on singletrack forum I suggest you track down the last issue (84 I think*) where they have an all encompassing short test for your delectation.

*ive had a drink.

tonyg2003

Intrepid for me too. Best shorts I have tried.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Getting pretty fed up with QC problems over the years with Endura Singletracks. Thought the latest ones (I’ve had three pairs now) had sorted it, but the waist poppers never stayed done up on these and now one’s pulled out completely. Daft thing is that they fit well – fairly fitted but still allow knee pads. Off to investigate some of the ones above, thanks.

chiefgrooveguru

Getting pretty fed up with QC problems over the years with Endura Singletracks. Thought the latest ones (I’ve had three pairs now) had sorted it, but the waist poppers never stayed done up on these and now one’s pulled out completely. Daft thing is that they fit well – fairly fitted but still allow knee pads. Off to investigate some of the ones above, thanks.

The stitching came loose after one wash on my Singletrack 2 shorts – sent them back under the warranty and the replacements had had the useless double poppers replaced by a button. Great shorts – and tough enough that they survived my last epic crash much better than I did!

johnj2000
    Free Member

Thanks all. My current enduras have popper issues as well, I just put it down to my spare tyre but now I feel better

binners

Sombrio are the best shorts by a country mile! They’re quite snugly fitted, but don’t look it. Uber-comfy!

stevious

Also glad to hear that others are having issues with endura’s poppers. Can start eating cheese again.

stevious

Oh, and my Ground Effect supertankers are the best fitting shorts I’ve ever worn.

trailhound
    Free Member

Has anyone tried the Kitsbow AM shorts? Crazy money but look very good, was thinking of maybe asking Father Christmas for a pair!

Frankers
    Free Member

Over the years I’ve got/had the following baggy shorts

Endura Singletrack
    Endura Humvee
    Endura MT500 Spray
    Northface Lavada
    Pearl Izumi Launch Kicker
    Vaude Siros
    Gore Plaster
    Gore Fusion 2

I love the fit of the Endura shorts but they wear out too quickly, Gore Fusion were most expensive and disappointing as get very heavy when wet

For dry I like the Northface & Pearl Izumi, for wet I prefer Endura spray or the Vaude Siros

johnj2000
    Free Member

Thanks frankers. The vaude have a rubbish review on crc saying that the liner wears out, I am not bothered about the liner as will wear bib shorts, is the liner removable? Also what’s the fit like on the spray? Are they baggy around the crotch like the humvees?

Cheers

Frankers
    Free Member

I don’t wear them with liner supplied as use bib shorts, the comment about being too baggy isn’t valid they have a slimmer leg than most baggies.

Fit on the MT500’Spray is much more fitted than Humvees

singlespeedstu

The only short I’ve failed to wreck are TLD Moto’s.

Propper hard wearing but a bit stiff and hot.

johnhe

Love my Hummvees. Like the look of the Singletracks more, but not enough pockets for me.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Best mtb shorts’ is closed to new replies.