Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Best MTB movie featuring women.
  • locum76
    Free Member

Hi,

The 9yo is growing in confidence on her trek HT. She’s inspired by MTB videos like Seasons and Unreal but they’re all about boys. Are there equivalent movies with girls in?

R

Duane…
    Free Member

Not a movie but a must watch!

jam-bo

https://instagram.com/micaylagatto

Is a good follow. Does some good stuff.

Kuco

Not movies but a lot of manufacture websites and Youtube will have short videos featuring their female athletes. On the XC front plenty on Kate Courtney, Jolanda Neff and Emily Batty did a youtube vlog season last season.

Kate Courtney Rising

Basically just search Youtube.

submarined
    Free Member

Soul food

There’s also a Shimano ‘This is home’ sort with her in that’s great.
    Casey Brown is a formidable human being.

‘Vision’ is on Prime and other pay per vote services, which spotlights some of the great female MTB athletes in DH and freeride.

mehr
    Free Member

Formation

locum76
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Starting Casey Brown now. 👌

timbog160

Kate Courtney is also showcased in the Fast Life series which is worth a watch…

timbog160

Also not a movie but Miss Joey Gough’s edits are fab too – real feelgood stuff, and an incredibly stylish rider…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

This. Posted almost exactly a year ago, still makes me smile when I think about it, and any bad day on a bike is transformed by singing “i’m riding my bicycle up a hill”.

Also this just makes me happy too as I watch somebody enjoying her job.

DezB
    Free Member

I thought she’d had more of a feature film about her, maybe it was something on telly.
    Her yt channel probably worth a look anyway https://www.youtube.com/user/annekebeerten/videos

Caher

Blood Road on Prime is pretty good.

richardkennerley

Not women, but my four year old loves Danny macaskill (I’m sure you’ll have seen all his already obviously!) and Fabio and Gabriel wibmer. Not women like I say, but I’m just happy they inspire her, even so young!!

choppersquad
    Free Member

Watch the old series of The Athertons on YouTube. Plenty of Rach in there to inspire anyone.

richardkennerley

69er_Gav
    Free Member

Watched this yesterday and thought it was ace

Becoming Ruby

twistedpencil
    jd13m
    Free Member

red bull tv have the past UCI events as well so downhill with Atherton, Seagrave et al…. (as well as the cross country – last years Lenzerheide with Neff and Courtney battling for overall)

and Singletrack have a dedicated female channel 🙂

hatter

For sheer fun it’s hard to beat the girls section on a bigger slice of British Pie.

They’re clearly having a massive laugh and that’s a nice contrast to some of the super serious deeply worthy “I am a ambassador for all women” edits out there.

Far more inspiring IMHO but of course I’m not a 9 year old girl.

DezB
    Free Member

Here it is! 😀

One of the riders, Darcy Turenne has got to be pretty inspiring – MTB career, followed by film making, including one of the best recent MTB films : The Moment
    https://www.thisisthemomentmovie.com/

phil5556

I love that Tracey Hannah video, it’s totally infectious hearing her enthusiasm. It makes me giggle whenever I watch it 😃

mattkkitch

@Duane… correct

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

trumpton
    Free Member

Better not mention missy giove as a role model although she was great at the time. Have a look for any of the womens dh stars.tracey hannah or tracey Moseley etc

spooky_b329

Look up Lael Wilcox on YouTube, particularly her Ride the Divide film.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Not so much a movie, but the Gowaan Gals Youtube channel is probably worth a follow, as are Bex, Martha (her of wheelie fame ^^^) and Chloe seperately. Martha did a thing for Deity a while back up in Torridon that just made me want to go and ride my bike there.

(Here in fact)

Oh, and Jenny Tough as well, for general all round epicness.

chrisyork

Blood Road is on Red Bull TV too, that’s a good source for a few good vids

cloudnine
    Free Member

Whatever happened to Manon carpenter?

submarined
    Free Member

She retired about 3 or 4 years ago. Iirc she said that the level had got so high at the top that she wasn’t willing to risk her entire future (non MTB) career/life for what, in general terms, could be a relatively short lived DH career. And that she couldn’t balance her studies with the WC circuit.

Blood road/Lael Wilcox films etc are great watches, however, looking at what the OPs daughter likes, I really don’t think they’re the right thing to egg on her enthusiasm.
    It’s a bit like recommending the life story of Indurain to an 8 year old who loves Ratboy.

rugbydick

The “Mont Thabor” video she did with Emily Horridge recently was really good.

Gary_C
    trumpton
    Free Member

Theres a great 15 min video interviewing tahnee seagrave with riding too by rob Warner on you tube red bull TV.the real life of a pro mountain biker tanhee seagrave. She’s a great british dh rider and the riding is in north Wales and bits of the uci Dh events

qwerty
    Free Member

Rickie Cotter & Lee Cragie in Divided on Vimeo:

&

Missy the Missile Giove on YouTube:

JohnnyPanic

Not just MTB, but inspiring, and women and perfectly cut.

phil5556

Manon Carpenter

https://youtu.be/RElxCmSAJDE

Thanks, loved that. It makes me want to go back to Iceland and take my bike.

rOcKeTdOg

plumbob

Always liked this one for the music/action/editing combo…

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Best MTB movie featuring women.’ is closed to new replies.