Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best mtb insurance for morzine
  • swainy90
    Free Member

taking my own bike to morzine on Monday for a week. Yellow jersey have been recommended by the company I have accommodation over there with but after some advice on here from people that have used before and found good value for money. Tia

carlos
    Free Member

I always seem to go with Dogtag. Reasonable prices, cover appears to meet requirements, it’s instant and they are always good on the phone if you need to call them about anything

However, I’ve been luckily enough not to have use them to claim. I guess that’s the real test of how good they are.

HTH a little

Carlos

legend
    Free Member

Be careful with Dogtag. If you go to the nearest hospital, it turns out to be private (common in resort areas) and they find another hospital in the area that isn’t private, they can be properly arsey about paying out. Obviously you should be keeping on top of such decisions when you’re barely conscious, limbs are hanging off, etc

Tracey

We are with Yellow Jersey with an annual policy. Both Snowcard and Dogtag got far too expensive as we got older. I know someone who had to claim whist in South America for an injury and they were first class in sorting it all out.

carlos
    Free Member

@Legend – genuinely didn’t know that. Maybe next year I’ll review who I use??

swainy90
    Free Member

Tracey which yellowjersey cover did you use. From what I looked it was more based on your belongings like you bike helmet ect rather than insurance for yourself as well incase of injury. If you could help that would be great as you said it is a fair amount cheaper

coolhandluke
    Free Member

yellow jersey looks cost effective. Think I’ll be with them rather than Snowcard this year.

Thanks.

legend
    Free Member

genuinely didn’t know that. Maybe next year I’ll review who I use??

A mate got stung when he did his collarbone and (understandably) to the first A+E he found. I think they paid out in the end, but certainly involved a lot more hassle than it should’ve done

P-Jay
    Free Member

I use World Nomads, they’re a backpacking provider really, but they’re by far the cheapest, you just need to add in the correct additional cover for MTBing. I’ve had to claim from them once, non-medical thing and they were fine. Worth noting, they’re very open and honest about cover when pished – basically if you fall down the stairs after 18 pints, don’t bother calling them. Lots of insurance cos have similar exclusions, but they’re not so open about it.

Dogtag are also good, but cost 3x as much, I had to claim from them too, cancellation due to accident. They were slower, but okay.

I’ve used the Post Office before now, it was cheap, they cover Mountain Biking (not racing) as standard, but I felt a bit nervy about not having specific cover, but I asked the question on their live-chat thing giving a full explanation of what I was doing and they were fine with it.

I should add I have ‘normal’ travel insurance too for normal stuff.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Funny that you mention the pished thing. I saw literally a few minutes of Martin Lewis the other night, he was on about standard  holiday insurance and how you should book it immediately on booking your holiday etc, one thing he made very clear though was that a lot of companies have exclusions if you’ve been on the beers!

Fat-boy-fat

I’ve used Dogtag and Snowcard in the past. I’ve been persuaded away from Dogtag since they started to get a bit funny about using private hospitals and this year I’m going for Pedalcover instead. They were very much cheaper than Snowcard for a long weekend trip starting next Thursday (£30 vs £55) and I have my house insurance with them, so hoping it will all be OK.

Tracey

Swainy90

We used this site but I sorted it by ringing them as we needed seperate cover and confirmation  for Abigale to compete in the EWS in America and Canada.

Do I need specific cycle travel insurance?

onehundredthidiot

I’m using dogtag. Genuinely wonder how quick any insurance Co will be if a private hospital is used without prior consultation.

verbboy
    Free Member

This is true, I was in Grenoble with a broken Tib and Fib. They asked if I’d handed in my passport and they replied “oh good”, then asked that if it was a private hospital then I should get out immediately. Seriously messed with my head, I was helicoptered in so had zero control where I was off too.

Fortunately it turned out it wasn’t private.

Even if this is the case with other companies the way they dealt with it was awful.

Used Sports Cover Direct for my last trip and fortunately didn’t need it.

Hadn’t realised PedalCover did travel insurance, we use them for Home cover and their service is amazing 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Genuinely wonder how quick any insurance Co will be if a private hospital is used without prior consultation

Generally fine ime, they are well aware that loads and loads of clinics in alpine towns are private (and that doesn’t actually mean overly expensive to be fair to the clinics)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best mtb insurance for morzine’ is closed to new replies.