Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best Mountain Bike Shops
  • readikus

Afternoon!

Currently on an MTB trip Afan, and along the way we visited a few bike shops. Due to it being just after payday, we’ve been trying to find stuff to spend our cash on, but not had a lot of luck until today. We ended up having a little hunt online for bike shop bling in South Wales and were a bit disappointed. Looking at the photos of most shops, we saw the usual array of boring bits and pieces (i.e. Endura/Altura clothing), and had to be revived from a coma. When we awoke, we discovered Afan Valley Bike Shed and it’s general awesomeness. Excellent selection of clothing, all the spares we needed and good banter!

Any other recommendations for MTB-orientated shops that have that good vibe about them?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Whilst down this way to you perchance upon Rush Cycles, a little gem of knowledge and a coffee shop doing homemade cake as well

sausage
    Free Member

Afan Valley Bike Shed gets my vote too, Its a cracking little shop!

woody21
    Free Member

18 Bikes – they tracked down a new Scott frame for me and saved me a fortune

Deveron53
    Free Member

I vote for Basecamp Bikes at Grantown-on-Spey. Helpful staff, coffee, cake, Yetis – perfect!
    Went on a group test ride day on Saturday, some quite interesting trails almost from the door!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

EC Cycles in Nelson is ace just by the to be opened Bike Park Wales, the owner Dorian is a legend

rickon
    Free Member

Skyline cycles is a great shop, always got nice clothing in stock to temp you. Plus Olly is a great character.

geologist
    Free Member

My new lbs is Pearce cycles. They have been my lbs ever sinced I moved to ludlow 3 years ago.

The mechanics are very skillfull and knowledgeable
    They fit rush jobs in for me, on the same day.
    They sold me an ex demo stumpy very early on in the season, for a great price.
    They price matched evans for a reverb.
    The guys in the shop, will always stop their job and chat to me, even when you can tell they are busy.
    They have created 50% of my local trails (bringewood, hopton etc)
    They are a family business, and it feels like that as a customer, you feel valued.
    Not a dh’er, but their uplift is among the best in the UK, so ive been told.

My vote goes to them 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Have been a customer of Bikescene in Guisborough for years, excellent staff with loads of knowledge & a massive selection of goods (40 odd miles away from me now though)
    Moonglu in Ripon are only 7 miles away, not as much stock as BS but very very helpful & great to deal with. Highly reccommended the pair of them.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sprung in Launceston Tasmania

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

DC Cycles in Ulverston, Cumbria – marvellous!

tomhoward

Boneshakers in Harrogate. Best shop I use (for anything) by miles.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Biketreks- Ambleside.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

18 Bikes for me too. Always sort me out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best Mountain Bike Shops’ is closed to new replies.