Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Best Manufacturer for Warranty / Aftersales
  • muggomagic

Specialized were great when my 2016 stumperjumper Carbon comp frame seat tube cracked. Had a new frame and shock back within 5 days of reporting the issue through the shop.
    Trek were great when my 08 remedy cracked on a weld after just over a years use. I couldn’t find the original receipt but they accepted a copy of the bank statement showing I’d spent £3k at Evans. They even then upgraded the frame from the remedy 8 to a remedy 9

1timmy1
    Free Member

Another vote for Bird here, they do go out of their way to keep their current customers happy. Ben recently helped me with what tune I needed when I was looking at an OE shock on eBay and helped explain the different tunes Rockshox do.

Lummox

Friend bought a frame from another friend (original purchaser) in the process of building it up a crack was discovered.

Much anguish all round but new purchaser thought he’d speak openly and honestly to the shop. Result was a brand new frame.

Company was Trek via cycle world in Romsey, unfortunately they’ve now closed but we’re always helpful no matter what the enquiry.

I’d be very tempted to purchase a trek if there were more new frame options.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hmm. Had a feeling bird would receive some love. A friend of mine was told that 2.5 years was a lifetime as far as an aluminium frame was concerned. Original owner. I wouldn’t buy from them.

Bird’s disclaimer:

IMPORTANT NOTE: All aluminium frames will accumulate fatigue over its lifetime and this will vary the depending on the alloy, frame type and amount of use the frame is subject to. Use in competitive events, jumping, riding with heavy loads, commercial activities and other types of non standard use can dramatically shorten the useful life of the frame and we reserve the right to take this into consideration when assessing a warranty claim.

Is fair to be honest and I suspect most manufacturers with lifetime warranty also have similar disclaimers.

Doesn’t mean it won’t last longer than 2.5 years though. Plenty of ali frame bikes out there going strong much longer (have a Santa Cruz ali frame at 8 years or so no problems, and it didn’t have lifetime warranty back then either).

Burden of proof. If you can prove it was a manufacturer defect, then no worries. Regardless, you’ve got 6 years under statutory rights in UK also, burden on proof on yourself of course after 6 months.

hairyscary

Good.
    Marin/Whyte:
    Replaced several broken frames, including crashed ones, without issue. They even gave me the bits that were different standards when the model of frame changed.
    Chain Reaction Cycles:
    Replaced several broken frames without issue.
    TFTuned:
    Without a doubt the best service of any company I’ve ever dealt with.

Bad.
    Bike-discount.de:
    See my recent thread about a short hose.
    Hope:
    I asked for a steel axle when I snapped my my 2nd or 3rd pro2 axle….nope.

Del

Use in competitive events, jumping, riding with heavy loads, commercial activities and other types of non standard use

None of which apply in this case.

scaredypants

cycle world in Romsey, unfortunately they’ve now closed

didn’t know that 🙁

Lummox

To be fair I’ve not physically seen a closed shop but have been told it is and a quick google doesn’t list it anymore.

Was a good little shop that

Gachet
    Free Member

That’s interesting regarding the Bird warranty. To me lifetime means as long as you own a frame. I don’t own one, but I’d say Santa Cruz have the best warranty as it’s true lifetime and you get free frame bearings if they wear out. They’re also unlikely to go out of business based on the number you see, so you’ve got no worries with warranty claims long term anyway.

ogden
    Free Member

E*thirteen were very good with me. I had a bolt round on my dropper lever that came on my Capra, I went straight to them and the posted me a new one no questions asked.

Giant did me a rear triangle out of goodwill when a rear axle snapped.

Superstar components customer service always leaves a bad taste.

rOcKeTdOg

surely the best company never gets reviews on their warranty as their stuff hardly ever breaks? i want a bike etc from them, their stuff doesn’t fail so their warranty dept looks like the carlsburg complaints dept. which bike company is that is the right question to ask.

tomaso
    Free Member

My Bird has been faultless and they are great to deal with.
    A mate has Mk1 or 1.5 and had a chainstay go and that was replaced without fuss. He has just been offered a big discount to trade in his old Aerus for a new Aeris 145. I think that is a really nice touch.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye rocketdog, seems that Birds warranty dept is busier than it should be, going by this thread….

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Santa Cruz were great, going back 5/6 years ago when I used their warranty.

More recently, Giant & Trek have been amazing. Super fast turnaround, based on pictures only.

Yeti on the other hand, were (and by all accounts, still are), a joke.

Ewan
    Free Member

Most of the bird comments are in regards to service rather than a warranty service aren’t they?

I’ve got a bird, and it’s not broken yet, but I have had cause to ask a few questions (shock tune for a shock i bought off flea bay that kind of thing) and the guys have been nothing but helpful.

honourablegeorge

Evoc were excellent for me also, sent me free bits when I broek my through my own stupidity. Worth knowing that they’ve moved distribbutr recently too.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Best Manufacturer for Warranty / Aftersales’ is closed to new replies.