Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Best-looking MTBs of 2013 (Specsavers content)
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I don’t like to be an internet moaning minnie, but for christsakes this is a terrible selection…
    Red Bull feature

chakaping
    Free Member

That Yeti looks abominable, imo.

(sorry)

robdob
    Free Member

They all look the same! Apart from maybe the skinny tubes of the Cotic.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    shortcut

Clearly they are all gopping. Only hardtails look good. No such thing as a pretty full susser.

mtbfix

+1 re hardtails

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The only one that looks decent is the Rocky Mountain. Blimey – that’s something I never thought I would type.

wwaswas

Only hardtails look good

I think this is one of the reasons I like the way that my Liteville looks – it’s got a hard tail silhouette.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Sums it up really when it says their top 5 and then lists 6 bikes… 🙄

misinformer
    Free Member

Expensive exuberance or vapour ware in the case of some. Red bull perhaps 5 bikes you can actually buy realistically next time?

chakaping
    Free Member

I suppose the SC is alright and the Rocket has a certain charm, but there are soooo many better looking bikes out there.

Hasn’t the guy heard of Lapierre? Mmmmm…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well obviously,

650B wheels and a banger of an introductory edit courtesy of Steve Peat made it all too tempting a machine.

I do so love a banger of an edit. 😐

DezB
    Free Member

It’s only ONE BLOKE’S opinion!!
    It was a long, complicated, mathematical process whereby we argued over it until somebody won
    IS A LIE!

I’d welcome any of them to my garage, even if they don’t look as good as my old 575.
    Shame that 650B Yeti looks so bad compared to the SB66. (Just one bloke’s opinion!)

Mister-P
    Free Member

“Edit” is so 2013. It’s all about the “Shredit” in 2014 🙄

cookeaa

They all look the same! Apart from maybe the skinny tubes of the Cotic.

Basically…

But then it is just a 30 second bit of web-fluffery, bunged together to appeal to the superficially aesthetic tastes of the wannabe Rad, ADHD riddled, target market of a company that flogs Carbonated, Caffeinated, piss…

I doubt they’d have too many qualms with a “Top 5 Gnarliest Serial killers of all time!” piece so long as there’s and angle for selling the kids their overpriced, canned, urine…

DezB
    Free Member

So going by this thread, the Lapierre is the winner (out of 1) !

Hardtails don’t count as they all look the same. And have since about 2005.

skinnyboy
    Free Member

the only decent looking full boingo in my humble op, is the Liteville 301

euans2
    Free Member

I suppose, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I’m guessing the people who judged this must have issues!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can one still ‘drop’ a shredit? It’s all so confusing…

stewartc
    Free Member

I am an SB66c owner (best looking bike ever*) and Yeti fan but the SB75 really does let the side down.

*opinions may vary

everyone
    Free Member

Ahem*

*not biased at all. Honest.

chakaping
    Free Member

What were Yeti thinking?

“Hey dude, have you seen those awful yellow Nukeproofs that nobody wants to buy? Why don’t we go for that colour?”

Perhaps they really like bananas?

chakaping
    Free Member

Ahem*

2013, not 1993.

😉

everyone
    Free Member

2013, not 1993.

Good looks are timeless 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe, wish I still looked like I did in 1993 anyway.

fasthaggis

Good looks are timeless

I keep telling myself that 🙂

If we are talking FS only, this has to be pretty close to my top 5 in no particular order…

wwaswas

thing is, those last three would all look better without the rear shock.

ocrider

Can one still ‘drop’ a shredit? It’s all so confusing…

That’s what my eldest does at breakfast time. He then gets a swift reminder to eat over the bowl.

So, no. Not at your age

mindmap3
    Free Member

I don’t mind some of their picks; the Rocky Mountain is nice and so is the V10. I quite like the Rocket too.

Then again, I think my Rune is a good looking bike and I’m sure plenty won’t.

The Bronson is better looking than the 5010 or whatever it’s called.

jameso

I’m more visually offended by the down-tube panel placement on that Ritchey than a lot of those plastic-looking sussers.

DezB
    Free Member

that Cube is horrible. Looks like an Elsworth with that great big rocker link.

Like the rest though. Santa Cruz wins it. (But the Yeti probably rides better)

hp_source

Must admit to having a soft spot for this ‘dale.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Apart from the white stuff, I think this looks very good

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

The cube looks great apart from all those gears up front and the graphics on the rims.

What is the 2nd one?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The Bronson is better looking than the 5010 or whatever it’s called.

the pic of the 5010 looks nothing like the real thing, the orange is brilliant and in my lbs it’s the real head turner in there, coincidentally next to the Rocky’s – for a final coincidence it’s called 5010 now as Rocky own the Solo name from something they built years ago.

The YELLOW bronson does look great too.
    The Davinci looks a mess and the back end of the Yeti bears a bit too much of a resemblance to the swing arms normally found on Asda BSO’s!
    Not sure about the v10, preferred Steve Peat’s world champs one with the union jack effect.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Marin

Cube

BMC

Job lot of front ends?

user-removed
    Free Member

Is this one of those joke threads? Going purely on aesthetics, **** yuk.

I’d have to agree with the poster on page one, that it’s hard to find a pretty full-susser. Not that I go looking very often*

*ever

If I had to choose, it’d be the Rocket. Best of a fugly bunch. My Boardman would walk off with all the lady bikes if it came down to a school disco situation. And it’s pretty minging.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’m not sure if I love or hate the looks of the Cotic. Without a test ride though, it’s the one I’d take from that line up.

The issue is, hard tails are by far the best looking bikes.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Best-looking MTBs of 2013 (Specsavers content)’ is closed to new replies.