• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by matts.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • best long mynd campsite that isn't the one with the bike shop?
  • Pook

which is the STW site of choice for long mynd?

Speshpaul

the one at Little Stretton always looks nice but busy.
    I’ve stopped at The Green at Wentor, no problems. And there is camping at YHA at Ratlinghope, Mick the owner is a keen biker as well.

Edit did I mention they are all by pubs.

hora
    Free Member

Pook means the busy campsite not the eerily quiet one with a whisper quiet pub attached too.

somouk
    Free Member

I always stay over at rattlinghope and walk round to the bridges pub.

Been some big changes at rattlinghope since the farmer got himself a girlfriend, she seems to see the value in the camping and has invested in it.

ndthornton
    Free Member

small batch – has always looked a good option – nice climb up from there

binners

The one next to the pub with the trampolines in the beer garden. Then when you’ve been out riding all day, you can get absolutely hammered and treat the people enjoying their meals to some top quality, daredevil drunken trampolining entertainment, with hilarious results.

Don’t forget to pre-book the ambulance

jakd95
    Free Member

That’ll be the one in Little Stretton at the bottom of Ashes Hollow. The pub is called the Ragleth and is pretty decent.

binners

Thats the one. Is Ashes Hollow the bloody brilliant descent that spits you out at the gate to the campsite?

fathomer

As above, the Little Stretton sites very nice and the pub up the road not to bad either.

martinhutch

Thats the one. Is Ashes Hollow the bloody brilliant descent that spits you out at the gate to the campsite?

Is that a ‘last descent of the day after all the walkers have gone home’ job?

Planning a Long Mynd trip for a couple of weeks time, hopefully. Presumably you could park there, pitch and head up Small Batch to start?

forgotmename
    Free Member

I use the one in Rattlinghope, it is quite cheap, it has showers and a pub 5 mins ride away. straight up and over from church stretton then turn right at the juntion the farm is a 100yds or so on the left.

matts
    Free Member

I’m hoping Small Batch is nice as we’re off there in 2 weeks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘best long mynd campsite that isn't the one with the bike shop?’ is closed to new replies.