Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best lighweight sleeping bag
  • surfer
    Free Member

Any views on the above? Looking for a new bag for spring and autumn use but must be light enough for events such as the OMM and multi day carrying.

druidh
    Free Member

Lots of good stuff out there now. I’m currently using a Mountain Hardware Phantom 32 for 90% of the year – and that’s in Highland Scotland where spring/autumn can mean snow cover. I find that’s more than warm enough, but then I’m quite a warm sleeper. Half-zip to save weight, but some folk find that a bit restrictive for entry/exit and for venting. No shoulder baffle either – again for weight saving – do it up mummy-style if you’re cold.

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks Druidh

Rab always get a mention I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the Alpkit Pipedream in comparison?

druidh
    Free Member

I really do recommend you try over here when you’re interested in camping gear.

shoefiti
    Free Member

Rab atlas 800 very good had one for about 8 years – they might even be better now!

ajf
    Free Member

Got a rab top bag. weighs in at about 400g! Only got down on the top half but as you will be sleeping (ha thats a joke) in a small stream at the omm then no need for down on the bottom.

Theory being as you compress down when lying on it then it doesn’t insulate from below anyway so can save weight by not including it.

Take it on general camping as well and is great but the lack of a zip (save weight) is a bit annoying at times.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I use a Mountain Equipment Dewline which is 680gms, packs very small and claims -5 it’s £200 tho, Marmot used to do a bag called the Helium which was about the same weight/pack size/warmth as the Dewline it’s a few years ago when I did the research tho, so the Helium might be called something else now. I don’t think you can beat Alpkit on price and decent quality. PHD might be worth looking into, but you’ll be paying big money for a super lightweight warm bag.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best lighweight sleeping bag’ is closed to new replies.