Best light to see with (rather tban to be seen with) for under a ton?

Home Forum Bike Forum Best light to see with (rather tban to be seen with) for under a ton?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best light to see with (rather tban to be seen with) for under a ton?
  • b r

Those less than £30 ebay specials.

I’ve a couple of older expensive, quality Exposures plus an ebay special.

If I was buying again I’d find it very hard to justify another Exposure, although I would 🙂

andeh

C&B Seen lamps are good. Great service too!

jonboy87141

C&b seen 1200 lumen cree led off Amazon. I have one and its incredibly bright, think i paid about £60 for it.

Their customer service is supposed to be pretty good too but I havent had to use it.

For a canal ride, try this http://www.stonehengecycles.com/product/9319/moon_xp500_shield_rear_light_set

500 lumens, usb charger and a superb rear light for £85

I’ve used that front light on unlit country lanes, and it’s superb. Not enough for proper off road, perhaps, but excellent otherwise.

robbieh

+1 for the ebay specials, just used a Solarstorm 2 for the first ride in the woods, amazingly bright. £20 something if you search about.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

As above really. Mate’s looking for something to use on the canal. Says his current light is scary at speed.

Any suggestions?

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

Cheers guys, thanks for that. I’ll pass on the suggestions.

Premier Icon votchy
    Subscriber

There are plenty of 1000 to 3800 lumen lights on Amazon at the moment for less than the ebay prices

Premier Icon dmorts
    Subscriber

MTBbatteries V2 XML Note: website doesn’t normally have a blue background, currently a bit difficult to read

Like the eBay specials but just that bit more refined. Better build quality, better beam spreading/diffusion (orange peel type reflector), better battery pouch… just more money. I’ve compared it side by side with eBay special ones and it’s much less “spotlighty”

justatheory

There was a 1000 lumen Leyzne Mega Drive on Sports Pursuit for £90. Think that would do the jiob

nbt

I use V2 as above, and I’ve also got a v1. it’s a better light than the ebay cheapie the chap here at work has and I haven’t had to wrap it in a latex glove to offer waterproofing as he has. I’ve had issues with the batteries for both the lights, and they’ve been very quickly and satisfactorily resolved by Smudge – you probably wouldn’t get that from ebay

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

I had suggested Smudge stuff to him, cheers.

I’ve been using the uberbike light for a while now.

Really pleased with it.

clicky

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

For “a ton” he can easily get five XML T6 jobbies off of ebay, one on the bars, one on the noggin, 3 in the cupboard as spares…

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Another happy V1 user. I’d recommend going for Smudges on account of the excellent customer support you get with it!

hainman

for canal paths i reckon any of the cheaper options is a good bet

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best light to see with (rather tban to be seen with) for under a ton?’ is closed to new replies.