• This topic has 24 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by argee.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Best lever for one up dropper?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Has anyone found a better remote lever for one up post over the one that comes with theirs?

Find it pretty stiff to actuate not remotely smooth like bike yoke ones

Everything’s running fine and setup fine, I just don’t think it has a very nice smooth action

So is a PNW loam lever or wolftooth light one any good with it? Or is it just best to stick with the standard one up?

teethgrinder

Bontrager elite works for me

binman

I use a Wolf tooth light action with the SRAM adapter . Very happy with it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jkomo

I have the older Bonytrager one. £12 or something, it’s ace. Newer one looks better.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I love the One Up remote. I’ve run it with a Brand X dropper for a few years.  Very ergonomic and neat.

Andy-R

I’m using one with a OneUp lever and one with a Wolftooth.
    To be honest, I can’t say that I notice one being any better than the other..

steveh

I’ve just fitted a shimano dropper lever to mine, feels good and integrates really well with their brake levers.

docrobster
    Free Member

Shimano one is lovely. Nice short throw. Prefer it to all the others I’ve had- bonty ztto Brand x etc
    Think it cost me £27 delivered from bikester

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

I have the Wolftooth light action lever. It’s brilliant but very pricey. You may be better off with the Shimano one if you can get it.

The Brand X one was awful.

walleater

If something doesn’t feel right, it’s probably not the lever. The Bikeyoke post is smoother in action to the OneUp one. I have a Oneup lever and a Bontrager Line Elite lever and they feel pretty similar. The Bontrager maybe slightly lighter in action due to the lever being longer rather than any magic going on.

honourablegeorge

walleater

If something doesn’t feel right, it’s probably not the lever. The Bikeyoke post is smoother in action to the OneUp one

I have both BikeYoke and OneUp posts,the OneUp post is pretty smooth but the lever is crap compared to the BikeYoke one, it’s really cheap feeling

GolfChick
    Free Member

I find the actuation on my oneup awful and I use a wolftooth LA, I’ve wondered if the OEM one would be better as the OH’s feels fine and he uses the oneup, I’m not sure if the actuation on some of them just suck. I find it pretty hard to actuate by hand and yet his is a lot nicer but I’m not wasting more money trying to make it better when the amount of play in it drives me crazy already!

filks

I’ve got the wolftooth LA with a one up and a standard wolftooth with a bike yoke. Both work great, but the bike yoke is much smoother in operation IME – but I think that’s the post rather than the lever

stevomcd
    Free Member

Currently using the very cheap and plasticky feeling lever that came with an SDG post. Despite being totally unimpressed when I installed it, it’s been completely flawless. I’ve come to the conclusion that anything will do for a dropper lever.

SirHC

3 oneup posts and levers here, all smooth with a light lever feel.

Sp41 gear outer and inner, bit of grease around the actuator on the post and then a bit of grease inside the housing by the lever to keep the water out.

Job for tomorrow is to swap out the post and lever from a mates ebike as the cable has gone sticky in 4 weeks, poor quality cables used !

dreednya

converted SRAM XX 2 x shifter is really smooth and feels great

chakaping
    Free Member

Currently using the very cheap and plasticky feeling lever that came with an SDG post. Despite being totally unimpressed when I installed it, it’s been completely flawless.

Ha, I’m using the quite-nice-really lever that came with an SDG Tellis post, and it’s also great. Though I’m sure mine is metal.

Better than the original OneUp lever I have on my other bike anyway.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I can’t fault the ZTTO lever.

bikesandboots

Is there much practical difference in the paddle position of the OneUp compared to others? It looks a little bit closer to the bar than others, but hardly in the upshifter paddle position as claimed.

mark88

Is it possible to run a OneUp dropper with a Bikeyoke lever?

I presume not because OneUp set up has barrel end of the cable in the seat post. But will a BikeYoke lever work without the barrel end of the cable there?

singlespeedstu

Bikeyoke lever works with either a nipple or a plain cable.

mark88

Excellent thanks. The old cable was too short to give it a test run. New cable tomorrow and save myself £50!

singlespeedstu

There’s a small grub screw if you use the plain end of the cable.👍

argee

I just got a second OneUp post, bought the lever with it and it is a bit rubbish, will be sticking the spare ZTTO one back on this bike as well, have the BikeYoke on the ebike, it’s a nicer action as well, shame the OneUp lever is a bit rubbish.

argee

There’s a small grub screw if you use the plain end of the cable.👍

Yeah, i think you just take the grub screw out of the barrel (as you’ll not be needing to clamp backwards) and insert it in the lever to run backwards.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.