Best helmets for mounting lights on

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best helmets for mounting lights on
  • Premier Icon impatientbull
    Subscriber

Which helmets work best with Exposure helmet lights? I find that MIPS helmets(Fox Conduit, Giro Chronicle) move around too much with the added weight on top, especially on bumpy ground and when landing drops. I also worry that it’s putting undue stress on the little rubber bands that hold the MIPS liner in place. Some helmets don’t have central vents(Fox Conduit), or the vents are too far forward to backwards to give a good position. Which helmets have people found to work the best with Exposure lights?

Premier Icon jimmy
    Subscriber

good question. I’ve been looking for such a helmet for a while, albeit not very actively.

jonnym92

I use one of the iterations of a Bell Super, which has a central gopro mount. I don’t use an exposure head torch, but believe you can get exposure mounts for these too.

Premier Icon goby
    Subscriber

i just use a dirt jump lid with a stuck on go pro mount and joystick holder. Quite good as doesnt move and keeps head warm too.

scotroutes

Kask Rex with its built-in GoPro mount and the Exposure adapter.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

As above – Kask Rex – I’ve got one of the Chinese lights with a velcro band, fitted over the light mount and it was ideal position. Cable held out the way with the goggle clip (obviously not an issue with Exposures and the like)
    [edit]blimey! Pricey now aren’t they!

Premier Icon lawman91
    Subscriber

Giro Montaro is great with my Exposure Joystick, use the included GoPro mount that just needs the Exposure adaptor, Doesn’t move around too much and is easy to mount the light

Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

ive just got another mt500 for this very reason (it makes me look like a klingon when i take it off which i dont like) but it doesnt move with a light on and is very stable

Premier Icon Fat-boy-fat
    Subscriber

+1 for the Giro Montaro. Works well with my Diablo.

Premier Icon aide
    Subscriber

Have had a couple of bell supers (2 & dh) both worked well with my joystick light on the go pro mount

Premier Icon konanige
    Subscriber

I have the same movement issues with my Montaro but my OnOne enduro helmet is perfect, plus it only cost £20!

Premier Icon konanige
    Subscriber

Or £10 this weekend!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.