Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best GPS route mapper for WinMo
  • spacemonkey

Looks like I'm sticking with the HD2 (for now at least), so I'm keen to see if there are any route "reading/following" apps that work with the GPS.

Have been using Sportypal for uploading recorded routes but that's about all it's good for.

Used to use Tracklogs with my old eTrex Vista but want something more modern, e.g. Anquet, Memory Maps, etc. Are they good for creating a route and following? Can you edit en-route? Anything else?

Cheers
    SM

Rubber_Buccaneer

I'm using Memory Map on an HD2. Best to plan routes on your PC. You can create and edit routes on the HD2 but the mobile device part of the software is rather out of date and aimed at those using a stylus on a resistive screen rather than a finger on a capacitive screen. I wish they would update it as it can be pretty frustrating to use and I miss pinch to zoom etc.

Adrian

spacemonkey

Nice one RB. I guess there's a trial download on their site (trial as in for both PC and WM)? Not worried about it being out of date – more a case of being able to follow routes in places I don't know etc.

Rubber_Buccaneer

There is a trial & the trial includes a sample map of an area in S Wales, around Cardiff I think. The sample maps are enough to give you an idea how the software works. Using it with fingers really is a pain, give it a go & see what you think.

If anyone has tried alternatives I'd love to hear about them too.

Adrian

supinerider
    Free Member

NaviComputer – free maps. You only download the area you need. You can also choose between different types of maps.

Pretty simple but works flawlessly and is free.

EDIT: perhaps not the best for following a track though 😳

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I use GPSies.com – not sure if that's any good to you?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I've got Memory Map on my HD2 as well, haven't used it much as I use my Garmin most of the time, I think that there's some handy tips on getting the best out of MM on a HD2 on the MM forum (may be worth getting the HTC capacitive stylus too.

gothandy

I like the MapSnap GPS, really nice idea.

http://best-apps.t3.com/apps/windows-mobile/travel/free/mapsnap-gps/

Just take a photo of the map, or download a image and then tell it where you are on the map, where is north and what scale and off you go.

That said, my phone burns through battery when on GPS so haven't been able to use this on longer rides.

stuartm555
    Free Member

I really like MemoryMap for WM but it's the only one I've used so can't really compare!

Crell
    Free Member

Mapyx Quo (free). They also have the cheapest map tiles.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best GPS route mapper for WinMo’ is closed to new replies.