Best GoPro chest mounty thingy…..

• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by  moose.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best GoPro chest mounty thingy…..
  • alpin

went into town today and saw a good deal on a GoPro… 10€ more than the cheapest online price from some outfit in Hong Kong.

so now i can bore everyone with some slick shit edits videos.

looking in store the chest mount was 25€. online there are full sets of various mounts and stick on patches for not much more.

is the GoPro Chesty really all that? or can a 48 piece job lot offering on Amazon do just a good a job?

if so, which all-inclusive set would you recommend?

cheers in advance

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Might be alright, might snap the first time you use it.

At least with the GoPro one you know it will be good. Evans were doing them with 70% off last week.

CraigW

Seems there is now a GoPro Chesty v2, which is an improvement over the original. More stable etc. So probably worth making sure you get the newer model.

Or the Stuntman Chest Mount gets good reviews. Though a bit more expensive. They have a shoulder mount as well, could be a better view.

alpin

cheers. that was kinda my thinking. maybe these “knock-offs” are made of a more brittle plastic. however, they all seem to include proper 3M adhesive pads in the kits. 3M is the same as what GoPro use.

Sound like a good deal, however the postage to the Vaterland might cancel much of the saving…

Premier Icon pnik
    Subscriber

I’ve got the chesty and the stuntman, the latter is a more stable/solid base but also bulkier, more of a chest plate. Can’t comment on the new chesty. The cheap Ebay/amazon accessories i’ve Used have been very pot luck some are fine, but plastic tends to be more brittle as mentioned above and I’ve had some issues with fit, in terms of tolerances being less strict, this especially with the GoProng bits not always fitting together. So I’ve ended up buying the proper stuff and keeping the rest as ‘just in case’ spares or clutter.

poah

used a stuntman with my gimbal and it was by far the best/most stable. I’ve moved onto a chin cam set up now so don’t use one and its much more comfortable on rides.

alpin

not sure about the gopro chesty after seeing Cathro modifying his.

Premier Icon Rubber_Buccaneer
    Subscriber

Camelback sternum protector has to be worth consideration if you don’t like pain ( I don’t) although it will cost a little more

I had a chest mount that came with a cheap go-pro knock off but the footage on anything rough was really shaky . Bought a go-pro chest harness and the footage is much better.

Premier Icon timmys
    Subscriber

My cheapy lasted a couple of years before the buckle snapped as I went to put it on. That was probably only about 10 uses though.

Got a legit chesty V2 for Christmas but not used it yet.

Premier Icon moose
    Subscriber

New chesty V2 is good, padd3d which is better than it’s predecessor. V1 caused me some serious bruising after a crash a while ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.