Best Goo for Headsets.

Home Forum Bike Forum Best Goo for Headsets.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best Goo for Headsets.
  • crocodilian

Word up STW Dudes.

Just after some recommendations for the best grease for headsets. I've used some general stuff from Finishline but wasn't impressed, I think I need something thicker.

Advice?

racing_ralph

Motorex is very thick and sticky 🙂

grahamt1980

Have been putting some shell lithium grease on my current project.
    Mainly cause I have got a bloody great can of it and use very little at a time, nice and thick though

crocodilian

Thanks. The current stuff I use (which was recommended by my LBS) just seems to disintergrate after a short time.

Premier Icon Brainflex
    Subscriber

Silkolene RG2 from motorbike shop or I am using marine grade grease from local chandlers.

xc4pot

progold grease is the best i have used and its red, so it must be faster than most greases

most moto/marine grease are a bit thick for bike use (in my opinion)

chopperT

Horses for courses here though, thick type moto/marine grease might be just the thing for a headset or suspension pivots that see about 45deg of ("slow") movement, but defo something lighter for BB or esp. wheel bearings. Agree that bike specific stuff, that white goop, is shite.

My Fave is the MoS2 grease that comes in the packets/sachets with GKN CV boot/joint kits. It's not particularly thick, but very persistant, filthy even.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

second RG2. Good stuff and a pretty red colour.

Hip

I bought a grease gun sized tube of Lucas Red 'n' Tacky off the bay for about a fiver. Seems pretty good so far.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best Goo for Headsets.’ is closed to new replies.