Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best free iPad apps?
  • Pook

Got one of these iPad dooberries. What should I get for it?

seavers
    Free Member

Install Appsfire,

Its an app that gives you info on lots of paid apps that are on offer or free. It’s pretty useful and is updated everyday.

CountZero

WeatherPro, Kindle, Sky+ (if you have Sky TV), ITV Player, iPlayer, Sky Survey, Star Walk.

JulianA
    Free Member

iStunt 2HD snowboarding game. Ace.

Plus the usual BBC iPlayer, LinkedIn, Skype, Kindle, YouTube, Angry Birds, Cut The Rope, Temple Run, Google Earth, Google Maps, 4OD, ITVPlayer, Red Bull TV, PS Express, Documents 2, DropBox, SafeNote, Skitch, SkyDrive, Booking.com, National Trust, English Heritage, Trip Advisor…

All free.

Numbers and Pages are good if you want / need Excel and Word functionality. Don’t know about KeyNote (PowerPoint equivalent) – I’ll probably end up with it soon…

Enjoy!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Google Drive and Google Maps are handy.

Pocket for read later type bookmarking.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. I don’t care if you have to pay for it!

Amazing to think that a skinny little portable touchscreen can now run something that required a breeze block style console, a DVD and TV only 10 years ago.

peteimpreza

What does Pocket do that the add to reading list in Safari does not?

woody21
    Free Member

Planefinder

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, ooh I’ve got one – get Fatten My Face. Laughs galore.

mav12
    Free Member

bbc I players good for downloading stuff to watch at a later date

mav12
    Free Member

outside for os mapping.

jambalaya
    Free Member

BBC iPlayer (and itv / 4OD) are great especially download (note some programmes you can only download for a week but once you have them you have a month to watch them)

Google maps

A calculator app, I cannot understand why it’s included on iPhone but not iPad

Skywalk was cool for a while but never use it now (I paid for it “back in the day”)

To be honest I use mail and safari apps the most plus YouTube and Vimeo via safari as I find apps worse. I also read a lot of documents synced to iPad and / or mail attachments via the iBook app

If you have any work requirements then iAnnotate is fantastic for reading docs and marking them up including pdf’s – worth the money (“expensive for an app at about £25)

donks
    Free Member

Ok not free but my favourite…. Auto desk sketch book pro, it really uses the power of the iPad to its best.

jambalaya
    Free Member

+1 for @donks, Sketchbook Express is free, great for marking up routes on OS maps imported as .jpg’s for example

@pook assuming you are on Facebook the app is great as it has no ads, annoying “suggested posts” now but still much less annoying.

Flickr app too for uploading photos and sharing on here !

GaryLake
    Free Member

Pocket is just really nice but it also downloads articles so they can be read offline. Handy for trains or visiting the arse end of nowhere 🙂

teddy
    Free Member

Outside – free os map of the uk
    Flipboard – magazine thingy
    Blinkbox – dig radio with no adverts that learns your tastes

binners

Bike Hub is good for route planning, all sustrans routes etc on.

Not quite free at 99c, but Tiny Wings has swallowed enormous chunks of mine and daughter number 1’s time

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best free iPad apps?’ is closed to new replies.