Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Best flow-y jumpy 7stanes
  • db40
    Free Member

Me and 12 or so friends are going to fortwilliam end of aug and are looking to stop at one of the 7stanes n the way back.
    We’ve done glen tress and inners so looking for the next best!

We are a mixed bag but like flow-y with plenty of jumps

What do you recon?

NickScots
    Free Member

Go to Laggan, not on the way home but along a bit……..

colournoise

Wouldn’t really describe Laggan as ‘flowy’ except for the Orange and some bits of the Upper Red?

Still a very cool place to ride though.

slainte ❓ rob

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    househusband
    Free Member

We’ve done glen tress and inners so looking for the next best!

Kirroughtree, then..?

alaric

From reading the title I’d have said Inners…

Failing that Mabie – the first descent in particular is great, easy to loop round for another runn, too.

IME: Newcastleton – good but short
    Mabie: Good bang for buck – not as “monster” as Glentress or Inners, but some great sections, one of my favourite trail centres
    Kirroughtree – Goes from easy blue to very techy red with nothing in between
    Ae – excellent sections, but the descents are too short – lots of them, just not strung together
    Inners – bitch of a long climb, cracking descent – Love it 😉
    Glentress – Bits of everything, again great and can be joined to Inners for a monster day
    Glentrool – not been as no advertised red or black routes
    Drumlanrig (not one of the Stanes, but same area) – good but a bit too much like riding in the South of England to go all the way up North for – Flowy singletrack hillsides (rather than mountainsides) in mud!

turbo1397
    Free Member

def kirroughtree if you want flowy.. 😀

rudedog
    Free Member

No jumps at Kirroughtree though.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

+ 1 for Laggan, think it fits your criteria best.

grum
    Free Member

Go to Ae and just session the DH tracks? The Shredder is quite easy with lots of smallish drops and jumps.

clubby

If you’re as far up as Fort William you have to visit Laggan. Only 30-40 minutes away and well worth the trip.

Duane…
    Free Member

Laggan is great (from someone that likes flowy jumpy trails).

db40
    Free Member

Laggan, sounds and look good we were planning on going to nevis and glencoe, is laggan better than gelcoe?

kirroughtree, looks a little tame and the red is described as technical.

Ae or Mabie?

toons
    Free Member

Laggan is awesome; Glencoe was very very disappointing after Fort William and Laggan

bigmountainscotland
    Free Member

Glencoe is swiftly evolving~ come the end of August, it’ll have plenty of jumps and flow; if anyone fancies free uplifts, quality banter and a sense of achievement, we have a dig weekend on 11/12 August… come along and be a part of something BIG.

Berminator

richmtb

Here follows my assessment of the Jumpy / Flowy ratio of various trails

If you want flow jumpy the Glentress is definitely the best of the 7 stanes.

Mabie is flowy, but not jumpy
    Kirroughtree, is very flowy and a really nice trail, but again not jumpy
    Dalbeattie is neither flowy nor jumpy but has a couple of interesting technical features
    Ae is a bit jumpy, but not that flowy, a bit too much fire road
    Inners is jumpy, but I wouldn’t call it flowy its one great big climb followed by a nice long descent broken into three long sections
    Drumlanrig, not jumpy at all but nice and flowy.

NickScots
    Free Member

Laggan old red is techy at the top then very flowy all the way till the Northshore then on the easy route down.

Laggan New red, tricky techy climb to get to it, then like spooky wood but more open then more natural flowy back to the join with the black (easy bit).

You can easily do Laggan red many to me whereas GT etc is much harder.

As there is a big group of you I would phone Laggan up and get a price for an uplift to a nearby mountain route and a flowy descent.

db40
    Free Member

Its looking like AE on the way back but know torn with glencoe and laggan.
    Nick Will laggans uplift take us up and point us at a run off the beaton track?

NickScots
    Free Member

Db40,

If you hone them up they will customize and uplift/route/guide for what you want.

……..offer a trail guding service for individuals and groups around the trail network here at Wolftrax or for the more adventurous a wilderness trip out into the mountains that surround Wolftrax. Taking to you to remote locations with some of the most stunning scenery in the highlands……..
    http://www.basecampmtb.com/bike-school-guiding/

lodge
    Free Member

Mabie has had a lot of work recently and flows real nice, not big jumps but lots of little sets of doubles and berms which pump well,ae was the better trail but the surface on much of the decents is badly rutted now and some of the jumps are sketchy, still great trail but not if you want flow.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Best flow-y jumpy 7stanes’ is closed to new replies.