Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • best flat pedals
  • gfletch
    Free Member

hi, whats everyone opinion on the best flat pedals, ive only used superstar nano’s ??

empireofthefun
    Free Member

I’m a fan of the Hope flats. Lovely piece of engineering

chvck
    Free Member

Azonic a-frames. But they don’t make them anymore 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coolhandluke
    Free Member

A few weeks ago I’d have said Wellgo Mag1’s.

Now I’m happy with my hope F20’s. Beautifully made but expensive unless Halfords have them on offer again.

stevede
    Free Member

Dmr vaults for me, nice platform, low profile, decent weight, spares available, bearings and bushes have lasted ages. They are better than the nanos imo but not twice as good if it’s value for money your after.

number18
    Free Member

DMR Vaults for me.

matthew_h
    Free Member

The new DMR V12s look like a great option. Almost as thin and large as the Vaults (which are my favourites) but at £50

hilldodger
    Free Member

Sunline V-1s for me, finish has done 6 months of 100+ miles a week with no fading or marking and they still run smooth.
    Nice chunky platform, grippy pins and pimpy colours 🙂

ryderredman
    Free Member

Superstar tech flats! Nice, varied, colourful and cheap!

daveh
    Free Member

Saint.

NormalMan

Used to be in the Mg1 fan club but recently (last 6 months) have been won over by Nukeproof electrons on both my bikes.

Northwind

The Nano flats really are good. (though most people buy the wrong ones- the ones with 3 holes are lighter but otherwise pretty much identical) Vaults are bigger if you want that but otherwise much the same, Hope much less grippy (there are grippier pins available, but seemingly only if you’re a journalist at the moment)

I want to try these new SS ones, they look like they’ve taken some of the ideas from the brilliant-but-horribly-flawed AE01 but, well, made it work.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cheap ones. £40 tops. All you’re gonna do is mash em on the rocks so there’s little point having something posh.
    That said, I’d have Saints. But DMR V8s are all I’ve ever needed.

honourablegeorge

Vaults. Although the new V12s look like they have most of the good points fo less cash

fattylee
    Free Member

Just moved from dmr v8 clones to saints today… They’re lovely and a bargain from CRC

euans2
    Free Member

For me it has to be Shimano Saints, cheap enough to not have to worry about damaging them, grippy enough to not have to worry about slipping off them and they require little to no maintenance.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

more about the shoe than the pedal,

pedals much of a muchness

FiveTen

wiggles
    Free Member

Superstar nano £35 + PSA £25 fiveTen shows = teh awesumz for not much money and going strong for the last few months.

darrenspink
    Free Member

From the few ive tried Nukeproof neutron did me proud.

drover
    Free Member

Saints…

longmover
    Free Member

Deity Decoy here, thin, wide and plenty of grip.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I used to love Azonic A Frames too….but they weigh so much. Both sets of mine have missing pubs.

I’ve been really happy with my Nano’s. 18 months old, still spin smoothly and no missing pins. Grip levels are really good too and they come in lots of colours. I’m too tight to buy posh pedals because they just get bashed up.

papamountain
    Free Member

Carbon cycles alloy flat pedal for slightly cheaper nanos.

akira

I’m going to get some Steele industries plc ones when they come back in stock , ae01s but very cheap and thin. Same as On One thinnys.

ahwiles
    Free Member

DMR V8’s here.

they’re cheap, i like the shape, and the bearings are easily serviceable – use the syringe provided to squirt a bit of grease through the grease port every now and then.

(why V12’s are seen as ‘better’ is a mystery to me)

creamegg
    Free Member

straitlines on both my bikes

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

I thought nuke proof nutrons were going to be a good cheaper alternative to DMR vaults. I bent the axle on the left pedal on the second time out with them.
    Riding Vaults now when not riding psds they have been spot on.

Still got a pair of Azonic Aframes in the garage still going strong but need a few pins changing.

gonzy
    Free Member

best flats i’ve ever owned were a pair of Easton Cully’s.
    they dont make them anymore and i wish i still had mine…

fd3chris
    Free Member

E13’s for me. They are wide light and feel good.

billysugger
    Free Member

You guys just cost me £35 for some Saints.

My Sunline V1s have lost about half of their pins and since I had them painted are pretty slick. Loved their width, although thought they did make me look a bit *special*

sharkattack

more about the shoe than the pedal,

pedals much of a muchness

Eh? Never went from a crap pedal to a good one then?

I always wonder on these pedal threads if the people who love V8’s so much have ever used anything else. They were alright in the 90’s when there were no other options but these days you could throw a dart into a pedal catalogue and hit something better.

P.S. Saints and Vaults here. Both faultless.

ahwiles
    Free Member

sharkattack – Member

I always wonder on these pedal threads if the people who love V8’s so much have ever used anything else.

of course i have, what a stupid question.

loddrik
    Free Member

V12 mags, bough some used ones off here years ago and they’ve been faultless ever since.

sharkattack

It wasn’t a question.

handyandy
    Free Member

With the various sizes and widths of feet, and types of riding that we do, defining ‘better’ is a tough one. Lighter? Stronger? Shape? All of the above?

five ten shoes can make an average pedal feel good.

peachos
    Free Member

The Nano flats really are good. (though most people buy the wrong ones- the ones with 3 holes are lighter but otherwise pretty much identical) Vaults are bigger if you want that but otherwise much the same,

I disagree with this. I would have been with you up until recently. I ride nanos on two bikes without issue, but borrowed a mate’s bike with vaults recently and was astounded by the difference. the concave shape of the vault grips the shoe much better IMO.

Interested in these new V12s. has anyone got a link???

spawnofyorkshire

just ordered the Saints from that CRC place. My MG-1’s will be going on the GF’s bike when i’ve finished building it for her

StuE
    Free Member

Easton Cully’s, got 2 pairs

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Burgtech

Stupendously expensive, although they were £160 when V8’s were contemporary at £20, so they now look really good value at £100 now that the competition’s caught up.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Mrs M likes her new Hopes.

Even more so when she watched me put in all the flippin screws. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘best flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts