Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Best films on Netflix
  • nickswolves
    Free Member

I’m talking about your favourite films here, not a television series like Breaking Bad etc. so what do you recommend?

tizzzzle
    Free Member

If you’re using Hola on Chrome (and why would you not be…) then End of Watch on Canadian Netflix is a great film

nickswolves
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what that is tizzzzle??

gravity-slave
    Free Member

All I Can (a bit like Lifecycles on skis).

spud-face

Safety Not Guaranteed, like wot i raved about on the last netflix thread. Also the two Mesrine films are brilliant (the life of a french gangster). Agreed, End of Watch is great.
    Myn Bala is worth a watch for the scenery as much as anything – it’s a fairly run of the mill plot but i enjoyed it.

That’s all i can remember from my free month – i’m trialling Amazon prime (evil though amazon is, i know) this month and their streaming collection widdles all over netflix (mainly world films, not many hollywood blockbusters – i’m now a korean revenge-thriller addict) to the extent i may pay for prime as i won’t have exhausted it in a month

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Hola is a add on for Chrome that fools Netflix into thinking you are in the country of your choice. It basically lets you access the USA / Canada / Denmark etc etc versions of Netflix which have diiferent libraries of content. Eg. Swedish Netflix has Dark Knight Rises.
    100% safe and legal. Netflix apparently do not mind one jot.

BTW, the best EVER series is also on Netflix – Stargate Atlantis

sadexpunk

Hola is a add on for Chrome that fools Netflix into thinking you are in the country of your choice. It basically lets you access the USA / Canada / Denmark etc etc versions of Netflix which have diiferent libraries of content. Eg. Swedish Netflix has Dark Knight Rises.
    100% safe and legal. Netflix apparently do not mind one jot.

i spose thats if youre ‘casting’ from the internet then yep? how do you go about fooling a samsung bluray player?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Superbad

tizzzzle
    Free Member

i spose thats if youre ‘casting’ from the internet then yep? how do you go about fooling a samsung bluray player?

No idea. I just hook my laptop up to my TV via HDMI

loddrik
    Free Member

The Mist.
    Dunno if Source Code is still on there.
    Transsiberian.

tinribz
    Free Member

Hummingbird is not bad.

PrinceJohn

Zombieland
    Tucker and Dale Vs Evil
    Cabin in the woods
    Nick and Norah’s infinite playlist

If you can get US Netflix I cannot recommend the history of future folk enough, if the chap up there who liked safety not guaranteed would probably like it.

Another earth is good.

The raid

Starship troopers
    Drunken master
    The quick and the dead

I’ve not watched it yet but a film called hell comes to frogtown, which sounds interesting…

satchm00
    Free Member

There aren’t many good films on Netflix 🙁

Kinda enjoyed Lilyhammer tv series, Netflix do well for boxsets.

spud-face

^^ suggestion noted, cheers. I vaguely remember hell comes to frogtown from years ago. Not enough to opine on it though. After They Live, Rowdy Roddy Piper can’t do much wrong in my book,

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Summer rental.
    Armys of darkness.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

God Bless America

mildred

The wife is currently wading through Breaking Bad. I enjoyed the 1st series but lost interest after the episode with the little kid with drug addict parents; it all got too serious for entertainment.

iBaa
    Free Member

Grabbers – great Si Fi black comedy

bombjack
    Free Member

Smokey and the bandit!

peterfile
    Free Member

There aren’t many good films on Netflix

I disagree.

There certainly aren’t many well known (i.e. mainstream) good films, but there’s a boat load of cracking stuff, it’s just quite difficult to find!

Between netflix and lovefilm, i’ve watched some movies (particularly foreign stuff) that I would never have come across before.

Install Netflix Rating plug in for Chrome. When you load up the netflix page, it superimposes the IMDB and Rotten Tomato ratings over each movie. Indispensable

binners

It’s worth looking at the documentaries. I watched Dirty Wars last week about the somewhat dubious American Death Squads at work assassinating people in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Fascinating, and scary stuff!

God Bless America is the best film of the past few years IMHO. It’s utter genius!!!

Planning on watching A Band Called Death tonight, which looks great!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Wayne’s World and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off are on there.

PrinceJohn

Oh yeah, I watched Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey the other day as well…

PrinceJohn

So I’ve just downloaded Hola… what a great plugin….

Is there any websites out there that collate the best films on Netflix by territory?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Is it possible to run Hola via my PS3?…

shermer75
    Free Member

Avengers Assemble!!!

shermer75
    Free Member

Quite liked Robot and Frank the other day

shermer75
    Free Member

Also Captain America The First Avenger is on there. Not my cup if tea but The Hobbit is also there.

PrinceJohn

Is it possible to run Hola via my PS3?…

It just needs your DNS numbers changed to access US Netflix via PS3 –

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwrsQFZ-Zgk[/video]

shermer75
    Free Member

US Netflix = Sharknado!

tizzzzle
    Free Member

So I’ve just downloaded Hola… what a great plugin….

You’re welcome! Made paying for Netflix worthwhile imo.

Amazon prime is ok for films, but the boxsets/TV series are really where the value is in Netflix.

Movie-wise, IP Man is well worth a watch too

bones76
    Free Member

Watched a film called Iceman last night which I enjoyed and like the sound of those two French gangster films Mesrine and may watch the first one later

silverbirchdan
    Free Member

I watched dead man down last night. Pretty good.

grum
    Free Member

Grabbers +1

Loads of good stuff on Netflix IMO – as long as you keep switching countries.

I use a paid thing called Unblock US to do it with Apple TV – makes switching really easy. Not sure if there’s a better way.

satchm00
    Free Member

Found an ok one. Cloudy with a chance of meatballs!

Ok its a kids animated film but it was good fun none the less.

rkk01
    Free Member

Chasing Ice

Best thing I’ve seen on Netflix. Anyone into the Outdoors will be transfixed

heebyjeeby

A hijacking was excellent – Norwegian drama bout you guessed it, a hijacking
    The square was a good (film) doc about the uprising in Egypt

MrNutt
    Free Member

the gods must be crazy. what an epic.

shermer75
    Free Member

‘Jack Reacher’, loved it.

On a side note, the Netflix interface has just got a bit more annoying. Looks like the ‘My List’ feature has just been taken off, despite being full of stuff I was looking forward to watching. Grrrr!

Jake25

Still looking for a list of what is on Netflix round the world? Look here Netflixable 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Best films on Netflix’ is closed to new replies.