Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best Eurocamp sites in France??
  • S_J
    Free Member

Thinking about doing one of these for the family summer hols this year. Never been before so got no idea where to start! Any pointers or recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

Stoner
    Free Member

does it have to be Eurocamp (brand) or would you be happy with an independent? Are you after just camping or camping and ents? Beach or mountain? Age of kids?

S_J
    Free Member

Looking for something suitable for kids under 6. Doesn’t have to be Eurocamp but something with a good range of onsite facilities is preferable. Beaches over mountains.

emac65
    Free Member

On the Vendee – Jard sur mer or Longville sur mer,they have nice campsites by them & very close to the beach…

We went to the Zagarella campsite in Longville

scruff9252

I worked on a campsite in the South Vendee in the mid 2000’s. From that experience, I can whole heartedly say if you want a beach holiday then the Vendee is ideal, not too far to drive (5 hours from St Malo aprox) There are lots of big sites, each with entertainment and plenty to do.

The beaches are excellent if that’s your thing and bucket loads of touristy days out. Round fort boyard, Ile de Re and a fair few themeparks I seem to remember.

There is also miles of off road, cycle path up and down the forest between the beach and the land. Billiard table flat and ideal for wee wheels. It’s also out of the sun so good for getting shade in the heat of the day.

My experience is 10 years out of date now, but Canvas Holidays used to have far superior tents. Much bigger, with better headroom.

Oh and I also had a lot of fun on Zagarella when I visited. fnar fnar.

Possibly one of the best summers to date!

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

Carnac, Brittany was always a favorite of mine.

Monster101

Le veiux port, just north of hossegor. Fab. Book independent or euro camp. Kids pool area particularly good

tinribz
    Free Member

Domaine de la Yole

http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/sites/france-languedoc/wm029-domaine-de-la-yole.html

Downsides, very big site, bit of a walk to the town but walkable. On site restaurants are dear, entertainment questionable. Pool is speedo only zone 😳

Upsides, lots for kids, pool, farm, sports, cheaper takeaway and supermarket on site. Fantastic beach 2 mins walk. Popular with Scandinavians 8)

Also, lego shop in town and cheap flights to Montpelier.

pedroball
    Free Member

We just booked independently on the Vendee for two weeks in a caravan, recommneded by friends who go every year and it worked out at EUR1,200. Eurocamp was north of £2,000 for the same area/time/similar spec.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best Eurocamp sites in France??’ is closed to new replies.