Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best enduro series for 2020….? technical, mostly already existing tracks,
  • lardman
    Free Member

I fancy doing a series (or around 4) weekends of Enduro racing next year. Not sure which one would suit my needs best.

I’d like:
    Technical trails, steeper the better….
    Not fresh cut ‘track through the woods’ but good existing trail network. (i did a UK Enduro event in the Crychan forest, which i thought was very medicre trails)
    CLoser to the south (brighton), where i’m at. ALthough don’t mind driving up to 4ish hours.
    Weekends worth of riding, so as many stages as possible.
    I like a nice festival atmosphere if possible and i’ll be camping/van living.

If it makes a difference i’m old, with good skills and mediocre fitness.
    Also, something that doesn’t sell out in 3 seconds from tickets on sale.

Suggestions?

onedpete
    Free Member

The southern Enduro series and its offshoot Kenda series are very good. Venues across the South, mostly steep, tight n tech variety than fast n jumpy. The Minehead round is awesome, if you like it steep, nowt much steeper than a couple of the stages there!! Nicely organised and nice friendly vibe. The S I utherm champs does sell out quick, but it’s a goodun, bit of a festival vibe on the Saturday eve, I was powered by 8 pints of Thatchers on race day, not recommended!!

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Yeah – Southern Enduro is great. Did Triscombe in July and the tracks were perfect (unlike my riding).

JP

Lionheart
    Free Member

Southern Enduro series good, as said above Minehead and Triscombe both pretty steep and techie. Really good tracks. Was thought these were more challenging tracks than the national DH track at Hopton.

kiksy
    Free Member

First time I’ve heard someone ask for “not fresh new tracks”!

As above though. Triscombe and Minehead sound up your street. Dyfi if there’s a race there next year as well.

lardman
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations- I’ll look into the Southern series then.

By ‘not fresh nee’ I meant that the only enduro I have done so far, simply had new routes taped out through some trees, which had no real flow. It was rooty, slippy and just hard work. Although this does make it sound like I want an easy course, which I don’t.

kimbers

If you want steep & technical in the south, you’ll have to be selective, Minehead & triscombe rounds of southerns and wges/Wes at places like dyfi and Afan

Do the full Bemba series for the best stuff across the UK

@scottfitz
    might have some dates soon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best enduro series for 2020….? technical, mostly already existing tracks,’ is closed to new replies.