best dehumidifier?

Home Forum Chat Forum best dehumidifier?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • best dehumidifier?
  • Premier Icon finishthat
    Subscriber

machine that uses silica gel on a conveyor system – around £200 minimum

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

How big a job do you need it for, a small or a large room ?

I’ve bought quite expensive marine dehumid before (£300) not sure they were any better than cheaper ones. IME they don’t make much noise, same as a fridge. You can pick them up from DIY shops or Caravan suppliers.

It helps a lot to warm to the room up (heating on or seperate heaters) and/or have fans running (they are noisy) whilst running the dehumid, also keep room sealed. I found small room with lots of wet stuff can be dried out overnight. A friend who had major water leak (so wet floors, walls) took a few weeks with a number of “industrial” units.

Premier Icon finishthat
    Subscriber

search for desiccant dehumidifier

sharkattack

It’s so funny you should mention this because I just bought a car magazine that has a massive group test on dehumidifiers. It’s this months issue of PPC if you’re interested.

Something called a ‘Prem-i-air X-Dry EH1352’ comes out on top at £199

freeagent

we have this one –

http://www.dry-it-out.com/wdh-210hb-wdh210hb-dehumidifier

it is brilliant.
    We’ve recently had some building work done on our house and have been running it 24/7 to help dry the place out.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

I know its not the best long term solution and that is being addressed.

But for something I can order/buy today then what is the best value for money? Prepared to spend a reasonable amount for something quiet and efficient.

Bimbler

Looking for one too,

this seems to be good advice

Obviously he’s only promoting the machines he sells.

Mitsubishi seem to have the best overall reputation but only do refrigerant based units and cost north of £300

boblo

I just buy the ~ £100 no name ones from the DIY sheds. Last worked for 15 years before I knackered it cleaning all the fluff out when it was running. Present one was £70 from Fleabay and fills up every 12 hours or so.

Depends what you want it for really….

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

I’ve got a ‘Prem-i-air X-Dry EH1506’

It does a cracking job.

https://www.prem-i-air.com/homepage.aspx?com=product&productid=1830&pg=1132&tl=0

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

I bought one last year as I live in a flat and we dry washing indoors. Went with the Which? magazine recommendation which was an Ebac, got a bit of change out of a couple of hundred quid.

It’s very quiet and apparently very energy efficient. Has a “smart” feature so you leave it on all the time but it only starts working when it needs to. Not got a massive tank (18L) as it’s a small flat, empty it every couple of days or so which was a bit of an eye opener when we realised how much unwanted moisture was in the air!

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

which was a bit of an eye opener when we realised how much unwanted moisture was in the air!

You’re not kidding!

Ours will fill a 2 litre tank in a day easily.

graemep

Search Amazon for De’Longhi DNC65 Compressor Free Compact Dehumidifier, £170. Have two of them and they work very well. Noise wise they are similar to the sound of a large office fan which is much better than the constant humming of compressor based ones I’ve tried.

Premier Icon ransos
    Subscriber

Search Amazon for De’Longhi DNC65 Compressor Free Compact Dehumidifier, £170. Have two of them and they work very well.

Ours has just died. For £170, I expected better than two years of infrequent use.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

already bought one of those ones from dry it out up there.

should be delivered tomorrow.

Premier Icon irc
    Subscriber

I got the De’Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier for just over £100. Works fine for intermittent use in my garage. very quiet. A fairly small tank so needs emptied regularly. For constant long term use I’d buy one with a bigger tank.

popstar

Not long ago, had the same dilemma. Lurked on inet for some time and according to forums you cant go wrong with Meaco DDL range. One thing to consider with these white goods is their warranty. Brand name is not that important.
    So, from this trader I have bought mine and was well impressed with results and free* extended warranty. Best price atm.

http://www.energybulbs.co.uk/meaco+dd8l+8+litre+desiccant+dehumidifier+(meaco+dd8l)/741424608

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘best dehumidifier?’ is closed to new replies.