• This topic has 133 replies, 111 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bish.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)
  • Best customer service? Lets big some people up eh?
  • big_n_daft
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Anywhere privately owned gets haggled. Anywhere selling me an expensive item gets haggled. Its the rule.

try and haggle your water company, see how far you get 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Rob, Nath and Dan at B.A.B. For honest, straight-forward advice, products and servicing.

hora
    Free Member

B n Daft I recently argued my gas bill and got it reduced right down.

racefaceec90

melksham cycle centre.they have let me take bikes,whilst paying them off interest free (even though i am currently unemployed).i cannot think of many shops that would do that.great shop and guys 😀

Freester

Bikelab Poole. They have been so good to me for a number of years I feel very loyal to them. When I wanted to buy a frame they didn’t supply they still advised on suitability for me and built the bike for me once I’d got the frame elsewhere.

amt27
    Free Member

the Customer Service people I don’t need to contact, because their company does not sell shoddy goods which are not fit for purpose, those are the best,

jimification
    Free Member

Chris at LeisureLakes – Thoroughly helpful chap who went out of his way to source a cheap (but vital) bit for me even though I’d never shopped with them before. Big props to you, sir!

ransos
    Free Member

I’ve been using CRC for 15 years, and I can only think of one occassion when they were less than superb.

Rose Bikes impressed me recently with cheap prices, fast delivery, and a free cereal bowl (yes, really!).

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

The Brake Pad at Kirri!!!

Great, great service, kept my holiday on track!!!!

Thank You 🙂

Paul

P.S. North West MTB Centre, consistently great.

thered

Swynnerton’s in Stoke are ace

There’s a shop in the centre of Plymouth that’s also brill, can’t remember the name tho

uplink
    Free Member

Swinnertons

Had a tyre de-laminate last week so emailed them, got a quick reply from Craig asking for a photo which he quickly passed on to Trek – 2 days later there’s a new tyre in my hands

No messing around just straight forward good service

MartynS

Turner
    re-sprayed frame when a bit of paint fell off aroung the front mech, was only 6 months old but the turn around was impressive

Hope
    Split an 18month old pro2 replaced without question

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Judging on my recent experiences, ordering anything from Germany is super efficient.

Not really.
    Ask nameless bike shop if they have a frame in stock
    “Yes we have one left”
    “I’ll take it, can i have a spare mech hanger to go with it?”
    “Not a problem but we’ll have to order that in from the manufacturer, should take 2 days for the part and 3 days for shipping to you”

3 weeks later i receive the wrong size frame, apparently they got the frame from the manufacturer too. this is 2 weeks before a trip to morzine. get in touch with manufacturer to sort this out and things take a few days. finally get a correct frame on the tuesday before the friday I go to morzine.

At times the germans can be just as efficient as any other country.
    No names yet as i’ll probably give the bike a glowing review on here soon.

angryratio
    Free Member

Edinburgh Bike Coop.

Bought a new lock in the newcastle store, sadly it came without the required keys.

Emailed a day or so ago.

Back in touch next day gave me a number to call, now they’re gonna just post a new lock out to me.

Pretty darn good.

shortcut

I have always had good service from:

– My local bike shop – Cycle Kingdom in Fleet
    – Four4th Lights seem to do a good job of fixing stuff that people break and they look after a number of us in the Trolls very well.
    – Hope are always and have always been brilliant.
    – Scottish Tourist board – makes booking b&b’s for trips away (Scotland needless to say) a sinch!
    – Turner are always helpful.
    – Mountain Trax in Barkham seem to turn emergency must have’s around pretty quickly.
    – Cotic were very helpful when I decided I need old style decals.
    – Argos were pretty helpful when I had a frame resprayed too.

GHill

I tend to think of good customer service as people sorting you out when something goes wrong. Fortunately I’ve not really had much call for that (although I have had bad customer service in this regard).

In terms of people being nice in providing what I wanted to buy/pay for:
    18bikes
    Loco tuning
    Bikelove

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Eyepic – Member
    Swinnertons @ Cannock Chase…. Top people.

As above

tartanscarf

Bought some lights from mtbbatteries on Wednesday and they arrived today. Happy days 🙂

vancoughcough
    Free Member

Wicked Cycles in Colne, near Hope in Barnoldswick. Pair of Hope Hoops for £260 all in, arrived in less than 48 hours. Very good customer service.

MarkN
    Free Member

Alpine Bikes in Glasgow for me. Heckler broke the pinch bolts for the second time 🙁 . So they sorted the new swing arm for me.

Riders Retreat in Morzine. One of our party managed to break a the axle in Hope hub. Tried all the shops and the best we could do was buy a new wheel or rent a bike for the rest of the week. The guys at Riders had a friend of a friend and we had the part required that night at the apartment. That is beyond the call of duty in my eyes. The apartment was top notch as well.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

One more for blowing me away with their customer service.

The Bike Chain, especially Mark. Couldn’t ask more from a bike shop.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Hope for the great service on an exploded hub and Simon at Albany Cycles in Coventry for fixing my second Hope Hoop that I had abused to death and getting it done for me ready to ride this weekend even though the workshop was stacked out and he had a harrassing customer just before me.

mudplugga
    Free Member

+1 swinnertons on the chase. Mark and jack always helpful and nice guys too.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Biketreks have always given me good service.

Houns

Oakley
    18 Bikes
    The Bike Chain
    Fred Williams

popartpoem
    Free Member

The Bike Shed in Scissett, West Yorks … James the bike tech, takes the p**s out of my blingy bikes, my lack of skills & calls me an old git … but always sorts my mechanical woes out 😀

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Mine has to be orange. From years ago I had a issue with my p7. Orange where very helpful sorted it no dramas

Sanderson (forgot the distributors) bought a frame from a bike shop (via eBay) had a issue with the frame so I called the bike shop who told me there was no warranty as it was from eBay (even though it was brand new) called Sanderson, they had the frame fixed in less than 48 hrs.

And hope but that’s well known now.

nbt

Bike wise –

18 bikes in Hope. Top chaps

Jon @ Bicycle Smithy

The nice folks at Plush Hill Cycles in Church Stretton

And Rob, head brewer at the Itchen Valley brewery, who some of you may know 🙂

flow
    Free Member

Cyclestore.co.uk

Bought a pair of Hope Hoops, sent me a free pair of Hope QR with the order for no reason whatsoever.

drain

Winstanleys used to be very poor but in the last 18 months or so have been superb, so well done to whoever has turned this around there.

CRC and Wiggle, on the (very) rare occasion something has not gone quite right they sort it straight off with no hassle.

Ant White at XCRacer shop, super friendly and efficient; likewise, the folk at Alpkit.

The team at Threshold Sports for unflagging enthusiasm, friendliness and positivity under trying conditions on the Ride Across Britain.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Superstar were really good for a bottom bracket- ordered early afternoon and arrived next day – with sweeties!
    I did say I would give them a shout if they turned it round quickly then forgot so thanks for the reminder!

stevious

Monster Bikes in Inverness for being very patient trying to sort some troublesome Elixirs that I’d clearly just bought from CRC. Am now awaiting an email from CRC warranty and hope to be able to add them to my list.

Nevis Cycles in Fort William for helping me pack up my bike for a trip to Spain even though I’d never spent a penny with them (I have since).

In non-biking, the customer service I’ve had from Apple (sent me the wrong refurbed laptop so replaced it with a brand new one) has been outstanding.

bella
    Free Member

Orange!

Had a slight issue with a Blood outside warrenty. Couldn`t have been more helpful or speedy sorting it out. Even got a bit of a wander around orange towers. Suspect I will be owning one of those new patriot things at some point so I guess good customer service pays.

bella
    Free Member

Oh and Ride On.

Consistently good for the last decade.

user-removed
    Free Member

Dave Hinde sent me 2000 Hope rotors for £9.95, and left glowing feedback when I demanded a postage refund!

Trolling aside, Hope replaced my QR seatpost clamp withing 48 hours, despite my having ridden it for over a year, and having no idea where I bought it. Grand.

andrewh
    Free Member

Marin for excellent warrenty (twice)

Magura. Had been having real trouble getting hold of some internals for the right leg of a 2009 Durin Race, dealer was being very unhelpful and suggesting I should send it in for a service (£85 plus the cost of the part plus two lots of postage! I can od it myself, I just need the bit!) Saw the Magura man at a race and 2 days later the right part dropped through my letterbox, no charge, no nothing. Top marks.

robhughes
    Free Member

superstar pop larkin ..hahahaha.
    Falls of chair laughing.
    14 emails and no reply…
    Just wait until it falls to pieces.
    He doesn’t want to know…t####r…
    The haribos leave the sour taste of his c/service…
    Does anyone know how enforce the sales of goods act on him.?

smell_it
    Free Member

In terms of great customer service when having an issue; fatbirds, Rapha
    and crc have been great. In respect of ordering and getting prompt delivery; all the previously mentioned and wiggle, merlin, probikekit, planet x, shiney bikes, cycle bargains, sjs, high on bikes and bulkpowders always deliver as stated.

andrewh
    Free Member

Smellit, you’ve obvioulsy had a very different experiance of CRC to me. I wouldn’t touch them with a steralised barge pole.

Edric64
    Free Member

Bloc sunglasses customer service is excellent.I couldnt see spare arms listed on their website and asked about being sent one which turned up free of charge within the week .

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Best customer service? Lets big some people up eh?’ is closed to new replies.