• This topic has 133 replies, 111 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bish.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)
  • Best customer service? Lets big some people up eh?
  • binners

Just because its Friday and it’d make a pleasant change from moaning

I’ll start shall I, as I’ve just had a rather pleasant experience with Fisher Outdoors.

I had a right old bitch about my Truvativ Bottom bracket exploding after less than six months use. I then had a revolutionary idea. Instead of moaning to you lot, I’d moan to them instead.

They responded to say they’d replace it under warranty, but they didn’t have any stock of that particular part, but they’d send me a lower spec part that’d do the trick until they had them in, whereupon they’d send me a like-for-like replacement.

So after receiving the original BB I’d forgotten I had another one to follow. I’ve just had a knock on the door and received another nice new Howitzer bottom bracket

I is a very happy bunny. Brilliant! 🙂

Your refreshingly good experiences please. And no moaning!!! lets keep it positive eh kiddies?

onandon
    Free Member

Recently Clee cycles and Woolly hat shop have been FANTASTIC.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Wooly Hat Shop for me. Great prices and come next day every time with free delivery.

18 Bikes, I live in Sheffield but they are my LBS of choice.

Set up my tubeless flows when I couldn’t get them seated.

JE James for price matching what was a massive saving for me.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve dealt with some good companies online (silverfish, TF tuned). I can’t say that I’ve ever received what I consider good service from an LBS 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oakley. Simply awesome.

ben
    Free Member

Had a few spokes snap on my Hope wheel.

Got in touch with Hope who sent out replacements all the way to Singapore. Top service. :d

scruff
    Free Member

Judging on my recent experiences, ordering anything from Germany is super efficient.

Eyepic
    Free Member

Swinnertons @ Cannock Chase…. Top people.

crikey
    Free Member

Hmmm. Oakley. I’ve had great service in the past from them, but am still waiting for my ordered in the price error specs…

Harry_the_Spider

Recent dealings with nice people

CRC
    Cooksons
    Bikegoo
    Paulscycles
    Planet X

Had a couple of poor ones too… but I’m a nice guy so I won’t slag them off on here.

steezysix
    Free Member

ordering anything from Germany is super efficient.

They’re just reinforcing their own stereotype!

mrplow
    Free Member

18 Bikes
    Loco Tuning
    TF Tuning
    Wheelcraft
    Bikelove
    and dare I say it – CRC

Have all offered very good service this year. :mrgreen:

chakaping
    Free Member

Patagonia gave me a £150 credit note because a seven-year-old jacket had fallen apart.

I got it for £33 in TK Maxx originally.

That good customer service probably why their stuff is so expensive.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I’ve had great service in the past from them, but am still waiting for my ordered in the price error specs.

According to UPS mine’s coming today 😀

Enigma Cycles, have been very helpful and friendly with a lot of questions i’ve asked.
    MOJO suspension, great service.

ChrisHeath

Torm.

Pleasure to deal with.

hora
    Free Member

RicherSounds. I wrote to their head office thanking the Deansgate store for their intuition and passion for products that they sell. I received a thank you letter back from the founder handsigned 🙂

Evans Deansgate. People who actually ride bikes and are intelligent.

ruscle
    Free Member

Hope
    Mojo
    Merlin cycles

vinnyeh

Evans, for the cheerful way they price match.

Oakley, cos they didn’t just hand out ‘£10 off your next £100 purchase’ vouchers when they cocked up. And for their frame replacement service when you sit on, and squash, your old ones.

And the King Canute award to 2pure for supporting Crank Brothers products.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve never ever had to deal with Hope. Which means I’ve no idea about their customer service. A strong, brilliant product means you’ll never see a companies backup..

Merlin Cycles? I was told 3 times that the product I was interested in was ‘at cost’ and they ‘just want shifted of it’.

Why do I need to know that information?

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you been trying to haggle with Merlin Hora?

😆

I haven’t had any Hope products fail, but its’ great how you can ring them up and ask a tech question and get a reply straight away.

fatmax

The Bike Chain in Edinburgh – always top notch.
    Oakley – used three times (me smashing frames that I didn’ve have receipts for, which folks had bought abroad) – above and beyond what they had to do.
    Apple – some chilled out yank on the end of the phone was uber-helpful a couple of years back.

And it stays with you – I’d be very loyal to those three brands now…

hora
    Free Member

I’m not saying a word but I am known to haggle over EVERYTHING. I’d do it at the petrol station but even I’m not that brazen 8)

Works Components – fast replies and refunded product when changed frame no-quibble.

MTB-Direct. Sold me something on ebay below cost price by accident. I offered to cancel/no probs as I didn’t want to profit out of anothers mistake. He insisted and refused to be back down and that he would honour the deal.

chakaping
    Free Member

I can only imagine Mrs Hora’s mortified face when you get to the checkout at Tesco.

hora
    Free Member

Anywhere privately owned gets haggled. Anywhere selling me an expensive item gets haggled. Its the rule.

wrecker
    Free Member

Hmmm, I’ve had poor service from Oakley in the past and won’t buy them again. Maybe my loss.
    Hope are brilliant and Mojo and TF are super helpful. LoCo aren’t the quickest to respond though.
    Evans online were very good indeed.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Just a counter LoCo has been amazing for me every time and get back to me usually within hours.

I won’t go anywhere else for parts or service again.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Hope. fantastic help with my old Vision2 LEDs which are gradually wearing out.

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

Anywhere privately owned gets haggled

This is an interesting point, is the view that small businesses can afford it or that they are more likely to cave? It seems a little strange that most people wouldn’t dream of haggling in tesco (for example) but would be happy in a small independant

Matt

(and thanks to those who mentioned us, we do try so it’s nice to see it gets noticed)

Bagstard
    Free Member

Loco and my LBS, Cyclopedia Watford. Always really helpful, customer loyalty I suppose.

LoCo
    Free Member

Wrecker, stupidally busy week as was ill for a couple of days last week and catching up. (first day ill since I started 18 months ago and haven’t had a holiday either, mail me your question and I’ll get back to you asap, or is it a comment about a waiting time for service?

cheers Mosey 😀

and Bags 😀

DezB
    Free Member

A couple of really good one’s lately:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/crc-warranty-impressive

and Hargroves yesterday (funnily enough, the LBS in the above story!) – ordered a hybrid for my mum – quick email reply and a phone call to the shop got the bike ready for collection the next day (no deposit needed). Then I added a rack and the guy offered to fit it without me asking! All in all a really good buying experience.

and of course, Hope Technology.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another couple from me

Animal – Sorted out a broken bag, waaaay out of any warranty, free and fast. Awesome.

TFTuned – Ride saving greatness

Giant – Had a few issues with my NRS when I first got it. They were brilliant. Above and beyond what was required.

Hope – “What’s that you want? Custom drilled hubs? Yeah, sure, no problem. Want your name or anything else on them?” (No name on hubs, that would be naff, but hubs made for you, that’s pretty sweet!

Salomon – For my ace boots! 🙂

cakefacesmallblock

Back on Track bikes at Malvern.

Superstar Components

Merlin Cycles

All have been great to deal with. Thanks.

LS
    Free Member

TFTuned, Hope and 2Pure have gone above and beyond for me in recent months, but the award has to go to Fizik – broke a rail on a 4yr-old Arione, asked if it was possible to have it repaired (at my cost) and they sent me a brand new saddle, FOC.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Rose bikes

MRanger156
    Free Member

Loco
    Crosstrax
    18 Bikes
    Moonglu
    Stif
    CRC

yossarian
    Free Member

Charlie the bikemonger
    Sam @ singular
    Cy @ cotic
    Tim @ sideways

All great to deal with, properly nice bike people.

kevt

Hope, time and again, vision2 led several years out of warranty sorted quickly for free, maxle hub replaced free, cracked pro 11 (many years old and very well used) replaced with evo 2 for free. you could say that its a few too many things that have gone wrong but as I know they will be sorted out in a way that many others dont match then I keep going back. quite likely to buy a new hope r4 now as well

flyingmonkeycorps

Silverfish and We Love Mountains. I bought a set of Formula The Ones direct from Formula, which broke and Silverfish and WLM have sorted me out with a lovely shiny brand new pair. So big thanks to them!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Best customer service? Lets big some people up eh?’ is closed to new replies.