• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by 7hz.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Best / cheapest straps / bungee for rear rack?
  • 7hz
    Free Member

Wondering what the best and cheapest straps or bungee cords for rear rack are? This is for strapping down tents, dry bags, and the like.

motorman
    Free Member

Cant really go wrong unless you buy the really cheap one that are super stretchy & thin. Get a couple of different lengths for various combos.

I have good results using a motor bike cargo net, 6 hooks & elasticated net that fully covers dry bags, tents etc. Local garage or motor factor should see you reeeet.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

I like these -> Fasty Straps

7hz
    Free Member

Liking the look of the Fasty Straps.

I have a feeling that straps are better than bungee for tying stuff to racks / the bike, right?

Cargo net sounds interesting as well, I take it it is something like this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_220871_langId_-1_categoryId_165547 ?

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for Fasty Straps

Mounty_73

+1 for Fasty Straps too

cynic-al
    Free Member

non-elastic are best IMO, esp if you go off road, stops stuff jumping around.

Diawl
    Free Member

I’m using these

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

+1 for Fasty Straps too…Rock solid..

DrP

Pop down your local TK Maxx – they ALWAYS* have ratchet and ‘fasty’ type straps in bulk packs.
    I got 2 sturdy ratchet/hook ones, and about 6 fasty type ones for about £7. Straps the kiddie trailer to the roof bars no problem (and the little’un loves it up there at 70mph….!)

DrP

*Disclaimer – may not be 100% true

therider
    Free Member

toe clip straps, uber strong

7hz
    Free Member

Thanks folks.

toe clip straps, uber strong, but not that long?

The only thing about the Fastys is the buckle is metal, right? Wondering if that is a chaffing / rusting concern. Wouldn’t like it to rub a hole in my nice new tent 🙁

7hz
    Free Member

Also, https://www.roofbox.co.uk is wanting £5.25 for posting a few straps… anywhere cheaper? Do any shops sell these?

Diawl
    Free Member

You may be able to find the ones that I’ve linked to in your local outdoor shop, as they’re made by Gelert.

7hz
    Free Member

-Woah!
    -Were going to Tiso
    -Woah!
    -back to the sho – op
    -Woah!
    -Were gonna buy some straps
    -Woah!
    -In the outdoor retailers premises

MoreCashThanDash

Bloke across the road from me runs a motorbike servicing/race team business, and has hundreds of the straps that they use to strap the bikes down going spare – if you are near Derby give me a shout, otherwise try a motorbike dealer near you

Coleman
    Free Member

Why would one want to strap a motorbike to one’s rear rack? 😯

MoreCashThanDash

😆

You knew what I meant…….

7hz
    Free Member

Like that?

🙂

Ok, I got a couple of ‘Pod Sacs’ straps from Tiso, I’ll see how I get on, they seem fine TBH, and cost about the same as just the postage on the ‘Fasty Straps’.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Best / cheapest straps / bungee for rear rack?’ is closed to new replies.