Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best car rental?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Looking to hire an Astra/Focus for the weekend, from Fri to Mon. Anyone know of any offers? Best price I’ve had is £65 from Enterprise. Don’t want smaller than an Astra/Focus as I’m driving to Swansea from Midlands on Friday evening and I prefer driving bigger cars on the m-way. Wouldn’t feel comfortable in a Ka or Mini.

Andi
    Free Member

I would recommend eneterprise, used them a few times as they pick you-up and drop you off at home which saves the hassle of getting to the Enterprise office.

keppoch

If going for the collision damage waiver thing (to set excess to £0) then I recommend getting this separatley, see moneysavingexpert.com

They make a killing out of this and it can be had for a few £ a day. Make sure it is running by the time you collect the car otherwise it is invalid.

No idea on which company best but maybe use a comparison website – is it http://www.vroomvroomvroom.co.uk/ or similar.

keppoch.

dr_adams
    Free Member

Arnold Clark are amazing, don’t think they go that far down south but they are lovely!

geoffj

My experience of enterprise has been less than great (salisbury & east midland airport). They seem to take an age to do the paperwork compared to Hertz. I just want the bl00dy car NOW!!!! Not in 30 minutes.

psychle
    Free Member

my favourite company used to be 1car1, but they’ve gone bust 🙁 Used to be brilliant, £50 for a weekend (maybe that’s why they went under!).

Anyhoo, nowadays I usually use easycar, they search out all the deals (quite often Enterprise is the cheapest 🙂 )

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Think I’ll be sticking to Enterprise then. There’s no Easy office near me.

I don’t usually bother with the extras. I haven’t needed it yet and hired a few cars over the years. I think the first time I hired on I got caught with the “ooh, but you might need this” scaremongering tactic to make be buy the addons. I think it doubled the price of the hire!

Looks like Astra/Focus it is then.

Cheers chaps!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I use enterprise mainly because you can have zero excess insurance. 1car1 was a £500 excess IIRC. Something to watch for as kerbing a wheel or someone hitting you when you are parked can leave you well out of pocket.

psychle
    Free Member

Oh and I second the collision waiver insurance, if you rent often then get an annual policy (I use insurance4carhire.com)…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

OK… Company called dailyexcess.com (insuranceforcarhire)will cover me for £13.50.

Cheers all. *thumbs up*

doglover
    Free Member

yep use enterprise here in Southampton, excellent weekend rates plus an annual insurance cover costs around 55 quid so if you hire enough it pays for itself in no time.

bruneep

budget are pants!! for the first time ever I was downgraded from the car I had booked. 😯

Hertz

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best car rental?’ is closed to new replies.