Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best budget road bike deal at the moment?
  • naffrider
    Free Member

Getting a friend into cycling, he’s after a road bike (along with the mtb I’ve lent him).

Budget is £400, would mind it having a triple.

Doesn’t mind if it’s a last years model on a deal, if there’s any about.

Decathlon is an obvious option (although not as good as last years!), anyone seen any others?

Ta

wwaswas

Rutland emailed me about this one this morning, looks ok;

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/45888/Raleigh-Airlite-100-Limited-Edition-Road-Bike.html

Halfords often have deals on Carrera road bikes around that price, too.

tomhoward

Triban 3, and spend the remaining £100 on kit

tinsy
    Free Member

Your right on the money with your first choice of shop, The Triban 3 at Decathlon has rave reviews & is under budget by £100, enough to kit him out…

Edit, not fast enough… The Rayleigh does look nice too mind you.

rick@twelve50bikes

It’s £48 over budget, but we have these –
    https://twelve50bikes.com/shop/Road-Bikes/973

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ebay for a 2nd hand CAAD8 (or CAAD anything, mines a CAAD4 and still in regular use as I’ve not been tempted off it!)

TDF starts next month though so get in early as next month the world and his dog will be buying a road bike so everything on sale now will be back to RRP and ebay prices go mental, last year I watched a CAAD10 go for above what they were selling for in the shops rather than the ~half price they get sold again for in September when the wanabee MAMILS give up!

This years great for buying cheep bikes as Ultegras being superceeded by 11 speed next year so there’ll be lots of cheep upgrades floating about when that’s released. And while there’ll be a lot more to the new groupset than an extra cog, the outgoing stuff will last another 10 years of sunday club runs at least.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best budget road bike deal at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.