Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best budget android phone
  • pedlad

Having to replace a broken LG smartphone for eldest boys 13th.

Its always been slow and constantly full needing manual moving of photos and apps to sd card. I’m not familiar with android but I read some phones/flavours of android do what I would expect and treat the SD card as internal memory.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good budget smartphone? Looking at Moto G5 E5 at the moment. Are Samsung worth considering?

z1ppy

FIL has a UMI digi Super, far from the latest of kit which he reckon work pretty well, seemed like a pretty decent to me, but I’m not up on phones spec’s by any means. Lots of different models/spec’s to choose from.

Anyone up on this kind of thing care to comment? As I was considering going that way when my (Shh.. Apple) phone dies.

Stoner
    Free Member

Two motos in the house at the end moment and very impressed. No bloatware. My e4 plus has a monster battery but unfortunately not 5ghz wifi which is the only problem I have with it.

CraigW
    Free Member

Nokia 5 or Nokia 6. Pretty much standard Android, no bloatware And probably will get updates to the latest version.

johnnystorm

One reason to discount Samsung  (as a Samsung owner!) is that they disable the adoptable storage feature (the merging of on-board and SD  card storage you mentioned). Have a look on hot UK deals for who is knocking out the Moto that meets your budget.

epicsteve
    Free Member

My wife and son both have Samsung Galaxy S7 Edges and my daughter has an S8 Edge. Against my cheapo phone, a Sony Xperia, then I’d say they are better – but not really by enough to justify the huge difference in costs. I’ve had other cheap phones where the biggest let down was the camera but the Sony’s one is quite good – although definitely not as good as the one on my daughters phone, as it’s pretty impressive.

The one I have is the version of the XA1 that Amazon do – it takes dual sims which I find useful as I can run my work and personal sims in the same phone. 32GB of storage (plus it can by extended with a microSD if you’re not using both sims), 3GB of RAM and an 8-core processor on Android 7 means it’s responsive and I also like that it’s quite compact as I don’t like big phones.

kayak23

Coming atcha on a Moto G5. It’s the shiz yo.

I got 32 sweet ass gigabytes internal storage with my integrated sd card.

Great phone.

retro83
    Free Member

Xiaomi Mi A1 global edition.

It’s a lovely phone, much better spec than the Moto G5 (chipset is a newer generation and it has 64GB storage/4GB RAM) and it has Android One software which means it’s stock Android with very regular updates.

The main camera has 2x optical zoom as well which is pretty good.

THere’s always a downside with these bargains and the downside with this is that its not officially sold in the UK market, so you need to get it from an eBay seller or similar…

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xiaomi-Mi-A1-5-5-Snapdragon-625-Android-ONE-4GB-RAM-Dual-Cameras-FCC-CE/122754483136?hash=item1c94bcc3c0:m:mGkJsfRTxLgjNhmvWCMCO8Q

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best budget android phone’ is closed to new replies.