Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Best BS Shouted At You Out Of A Car Window?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

Many years ago I had a woman shout “I can see your arse” to which I replied “yes, nice isn’t it?” It wasn’t until I got home I realised the rear of my bibs shorts was rather worn out and she was correct, she could see my arse.

OCB
    Free Member

scaredypants
    Not sure I’ve ever actually caught what any of the **** chimps is trying to say, so “uuggghhh, ugghhnnnnghhhhhh”

Yeah, that sums up my experience pretty much too 😕
    A shame in some regards too as some of it might be quite funny.

dudeofdoom

Must admit hope I never have any mates or family give a cheery shout if I meet them on the commute as the the automatic foff might not be the friendly response they’re expecting 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Apparently we live in one of the most tolerant societies around don’t we? (really most can’t even share a public park IME) according to the media that do their best to encourage division and sit back with politicians watching on with a wry smile as the plebs tear the skin off each others backs, who little old me! 😆

brooess
    Free Member

Dunno – the speed differential is usually too much to catch what’s being said – I think the shouters are usually too stupid to realise this…

Very sad all round…

doordonot
    Free Member

A couple of years ago I was doing the JoGLE and was emerging from Okehampton around 5pm. Weather as I recall was sunny and blue skies. There’s this bit where the road goes through a small woodland, rises up and turns sharply right, so I wasn’t going especially quick (towards the end of a long day). I’m aware that sometimes going from bright light into wooded areas does involve a temporary period of visual adjustment primarily when operating a vehicle. Nonetheless, I was surprised when the fellow in the hot hatch that pulled up next to me, having approached at mach-3, wound down the window, pointed out to me he was a cyclist and that I should be taking more precautions to ensure my bike is visible (although I was wearing a fluorescent chest/waist cycling strap). He then proceeded to inform me that:

“I can’t see you in the forest when I’ve got my sunglasses on”

aracer
    Free Member

Which is why the correct response to anything is a friendly wave. For those giving you abuse it’s so unexpected that it probably upsets them more than any abusive response could.

I didn’t think I had anything to contribute to this thread (not that I could remember) – I get plenty of things shouted at me (most common being “you’ve lost a wheel” or some derivative) but usually by people walking, not in cars. However I presume a shout from somebody on a motorbike counts – yesterday had “single file” having ridden alongside somebody else for a couple of miles on a bit of road which is wide enough for cars to safely pass us even with cars coming the other way – as indeed they had been, possibly safer than normal as they were forced to actually deviate from their normal course.

freeagent
    Free Member

My wife (secondary school teacher) suggested that there is a universal blanket response suitable for groups of witty teenage lads.
    Regardless of the insult, just to shout back “That is exactly what your Mum said to me last night – when I was shagging her”

I busted out this response when I got a ‘Go on – give it some’ heckle as I rode past a bus stop full of school kids.. they loved it.

thewanderer
    Free Member

Junkyard’s story reminds me of the time in London when I saw a mail van toss a coke can out the window.. I rode up and tossed it back in. I can still see their shock as the coke splashed the dash.

Needless to say at the lights a big fat postie came waddling after me, shouting threats. I just kept riding slowly enough that he’d chase but fast enough to keep a distance. Most amusing watching him sweat his way down the street.

On a more positive note, one of my best encounters was with my wife on a singletrack in Provence. Two elderly ladies stepped off the trail to let us past, shouting “Allez, Allez!!”

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Best BS Shouted At You Out Of A Car Window?’ is closed to new replies.